Alion
www.alionscience.com McLean, VA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Be aware of their financial situation

Manager (Former Employee)
McLean, VA

I worked at Alion full-time for more than a year

ProsGood benefits, ESOP, first level managers believe in keeping their customers satisfied, flexible work schedule, multiple work locations, can work remotely depending on customer.

ConsFinancial situation (read the 10K report), extreme concerns about billings to the extent that if you do agree 100% with the executive concerns you are out no matter how much book of business you can bring in, constant worries about cash flow, executive management seems only interested in pleasing outside bankers.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe honest with your employees.

Working for Alion was a terrible experience.

Military Analyst (Former Employee)
Shaw AFB, SC

I worked at Alion full-time for more than a year

Pros: It's a job. The pay was ok. Cons: HR does not care about you. Discrimination and harassment are rampant, as are illegal and unethical behaviors. When I brought up some of… Advice to Senior Management: Upper management needs to be completely re-vamped with how dysfunctional it is at this point. Management does… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Run Away!!

Physicist (Former Employee)
Beavercreek, OH

I worked at Alion full-time for less than a year

Pros: Started as a contractor for AFRL through Alion. Initially, was impressed by their benefits package. But after two months,… Cons: Read your contract VERY carefully. Sit down even with a lawyer about it. Upper management will find every possible way to bend you over the… Advice to Senior Management: (1) Pull your heads out of your asses. Treat us… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Alion.

Worked for Alion? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Alion reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Alion CEO Bahman Atefi. All reviews posted anonymously by Alion employees.