Alion
www.alionscience.com McLean, VA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Easy going but no real chance for advancement

Marine Engineer (Current Employee)
Boston, MA

ProsManagement is pretty flexible with hours with respect to work load. They don't really micromanage. Good benefits and continuing education assistance. Government work is pretty flexible so the work load is never overwhelming.

ConsNo opportunity for advancement. When someone gets to the point that they would be up for a raise, they will not give it or they will make a simply insulting offer. This has caused 3 of my fellow engineers to leave for other positions. Then they interviewed and hired engineers straight out of college who they could pay less.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the employees that you have and show more loyalty and appreciation of what they do.

Working for Alion was a terrible experience.

Military Analyst (Former Employee)
    Shaw AFB, SC

I worked at Alion full-time for more than a year

Pros: It's a job. The pay was ok. Cons: HR does not care about you. Discrimination and harassment are rampant, as are illegal and unethical behaviors. When I brought up some of… Advice to Senior Management: Upper management needs to be completely re-vamped with how dysfunctional it is at this point. Management does… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Could be great but management in the way

Financial Analyst (Current Employee)
    Washington, DC

I have been working at Alion full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: flexible schedule, good benefits, employee recoginition Cons: long hours, lack of defined career path,, leadership not present. Advice to Senior Management: measure what matters and nothing else and pay for performance. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Alion.

Worked for Alion? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Alion reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Alion CEO Bahman Atefi. All reviews posted anonymously by Alion employees.