Alion

www.alionscience.com

Overall good, but could be better

ProsGood people at more senior level

ConsJamis Software outdated. Running and posting revenue every two weeks instead of every week as in Deltek Costpoint does not catch potential financial problems before month close.

Sub accrual process is the worst I have seen. Wastes countless employees time (two weeks out of month) where they could devote to better budgeting and working the financial health of a program.

No work/life balance.

Advice to Senior ManagementImplement new software to run revenue and post financials weekly. You can also have time tickets imported daily to run revenue on if you want to go the distance. But weekly at worst.

Immediately do away with your sub accrual process! Go light, yet accurate with backup pages. or wait extra few days for invoice to come in. You are wasting excessive time and man hours on a process that is no more accurate. Who is paying for all those hours? Also, is not serving company.

Alion continues slide to abyss while enriching executives

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Alion full-time

Pros: At Alion I worked with great people on great projects for great… Cons: Alion management is killing the company and enriching themselves at employee expense. Case in point is the most recent FY13 10Q report issued 5/14/13,… – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Another government contractor

Business Development (Current Employee) Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Alion full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Strong market position in some areas but at a competitive… Cons: Short term focus. lack of long term goals. Limited… Advice to Senior Management: Management should be top down and not hands off. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Alion.

Worked for Alion? Contribute to the Community!