Alkermes

www.alkermes.com

Nice

Former Employee - Programmer Analyst  in  Boston, MA
Former Employee - Programmer Analyst in Boston, MA

Pros

Good pay, good company culture

Cons

Management needs to understand people can learn.

Other reviews for Alkermes

Good science but not a great place to work.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Waltham, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Pros

Interesting pipeline and technology. Employees are generally friendly and collaborative. Casual work environment.

Cons

Top-down communication is poor. You're either liked and promoted or dis-liked and included in the yearly layoff. Little spent on professional growth and training.

Increase communication and exchange of information at all levels.

The workplace that you've always wanted to be at.

Current Employee - IT  in  Wilmington, OH
    Current Employee - IT in Wilmington, OH

Pros

The company has a lot of respect for their workers in general. You are treated very fairly, and they make it so that you are happy to get up and go to work in the mornings. Good co-workers, pleasant work atmosphere. We have managers that actually take the time to get out and work with and for you. You can guarantee that you have good represenation as to your wants, needs, and expectations as they make their way up to the senior management level. You can actually enjoy your job and do a good job that is helping make a difference in a lot of peoples lives.

Cons

If I find any downsides, I'll be sure to post them. In general, there aren't any real downsides as I see them. There is always that person or two that you wish you didn't have to work with as they have no people skills, but you do your time and deal with these people the best way you can. It isn't too hard keeping a smile on your face as you know you'll soon be done. You could consider the location of the company a downside for a lot of employee's, as there are quite a few that make quite a long drive to just work here.

Keep up the good work. I know there have been rocky times, but I see you leading us to a bright future.

There are newer employer reviews for Alkermes.

Worked for Alkermes? Contribute to the Community!