All Children's Hospital

www.allkids.org
  www.allkids.org
There are newer employer reviews for All Children's Hospital

The experience is evolving since Johns Hopkins took over.

I have been working at All Children's Hospital

Pros

People friendly place to work.

Cons

Difficult to advance from within.

Clinical outcomes are more important than worldwide name recognition and research.

16 Other Employee Reviews for All Children's Hospital (View Most Recent)

Fair

I have been working at All Children's Hospital

Pros

Great reputation for great care

Cons

Out patient centers did not operate the same as the main hospital

Could be a great place to work, but falls short.

I have been working at All Children's Hospital

Pros

I find people with patient contact are generally very good at their job and care deeply about what they do. Lots of camaraderie. Many direct supervisors do what they can to support employees. CEUs are paid for, although most are in-house, which can limit what you are exposed to. Newly integrated with Johns Hopkins Medicine. Attracts people filled with passion. Great patient population! Very involved in the community.

Cons

Most departments I have seen are very under staffed. Depending on your position, you may be forced to work late and on days off frequently (without pay if you are an exempt employee). Upper management often makes rules that make things far more complicated for those with direct patient contact. Constant changes to things that are static at most places (e.g. changing how patients are scheduled at least once a year). When changes are made they are generally not passed along to the employees they effect until a maximum of a week before and often not explained until a month or so after the change has taken place and occasionally are never explained and employees are told to figure it out. Three unplanned occurrences off (including sick days) gets you written up, which is not ideal for a place with immunocompromised patients and primarily female employees with children. Not many options to work on research (such a shame considering the HUGE pediatric patient population they have access to). Poor transition and training when a new employee arrives. 63% employee satisfaction rating, according to their own survey.

Numbers are great, but you've got to get in there and see what the employees are actually doing. Adjust staffing according to work or adjust work according to staffing. The best thing ACH could do is get out of its own way; too many policies impede excellence. It's time to streamline and implement the KISS method. Please provide on going management training/mentorship to those in management positions, particularly introductory management positions. Recognize that most of your employees are mothers and be respectful of that. Also recognize that your employees want ACH to be madly successful. We take a great deal of pride in what we do and want to be proud of where we work.

There are newer employer reviews for All Children's Hospital