Awesome benefits!!!!

Current Employee - Office Assistant Ll in Saint Petersburg, FL
Current Employee - Office Assistant Ll in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at All Children's Hospital (More than 3 years)

Pros

Networking is a plus, teaching hospital so plenty room for advancement.

Cons

Because is a teaching hospital salary is not great.

Advice to Management

Be more competitive with wages

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Unsafe practices regarding excessive floating that is expected of us

Current Employee - NeoNatal Intensive Care, 33 Yrs Exp in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - NeoNatal Intensive Care, 33 Yrs Exp in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at All Children's Hospital part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Really..none ... I am in the process of resigning...very unsafe

Cons

NICU nurses have been staffing the CVICU for ~ 3 mos now....we are NOT trained in this specialty area, yet, we are required to float there shift after shift..taking patients with pacer wires, fresh post-ops, fresh cardiac caths.. They would NEVER allow a new nurse to walk in and take the patients we have to care for,..but somehow, its OK for a NICU nurse. They play by the "a nurse is a nurse is a nurse" rule. One float experience, there were 3 NICU nurses ..all floated to CVIC. My "resourse" was another NICU nurse..??

Advice to Management

Absolutely asinine "rules" regarding NICU floating..per diem staff ALWAYS float...There are FT nurses that have not floated in 10 yrs., but per diem float ALWAYS..even when they send out a call for any staff to work , due to busy unit, shortages..They let the over time people work , and send out the regularly scheduled per diem to staff CVICU. Pay for per diem is the lowest of the 3 Fl. NICU's I have worked at. Never a raise in 5 yrs...not even cost of living.

Great place that doesn't pay

I worked at All Children's Hospital

Pros

So much good work is done here by everyone. Great learning environment that provides amazing care to the sickest children

Cons

However, despite the former CEO's adage that it's a privledge to work there and you get paid in "sunshine" at the end of the day, you have to feel like you are cared for. Which you aren't

Advice to Management

Keep up with local salaries!