Allegiance

www.allegiance.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Allegiance

All hat and no cattle, inexperienced management, unfair workplace

I have been working at Allegiance

Pros

Allegiance is a small and somewhat nimble company very excited about technology. They also have a great marketing engine driving their market visibility. They have pulled key talent from competitors for the past year or so. Senior management is young and mostly energetic. The marketing department is very, very gifted.

Cons

1. Allegiance is all hat and no cattle. Product reliability is a challenge and does not live up to the energy generated by their talented marketing department.
2. Allegiance is not a friendly work environment to those not meeting the same demographic as senior management.
3. Young, senior management team without much-needed "gray hair" makes strange decisions that jeopardize the company and frustrate dedicated workers.

If you want to see this company succeed, start hiring based on merit and not on affiliation/friendship. Have a solid product to back up your slick marketing. And hire some experienced, cosmopolitan "outsiders" to run your company. A little "gray hair" on the leadership team may help.

12 Other Employee Reviews for Allegiance (View Most Recent)

growing, changing, but unclear future

Current Employee - Regional Sales Director in South Jordan, UT
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Director in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at Allegiance

Pros

good people who want to work there.

Cons

sketchy product, mgt team who's heads are in the sand

you help other companies listen. We need to do a better job ourselves.

Dysfunctional

Former Employee - Engineering in South Jordan, UT
    Former Employee - Engineering in South Jordan, UT

I worked at Allegiance full-time

Pros

Great office, fun people, snacks, flexible schedule. This is a dream job for a clock puncher who just want to do the minimum and go home.

Cons

The engineering environment is completely dysfunctional. Monthly software releases go long into the next morning and often create more problems than they solve. Product is overly complex and nobody understands the system end to end. Very poor communication between Product Management, Development, QA and Operations. Executive management does not seem to be very committed to providing a quality product and is out of touch when it comes to what is happening in Engineering. You're lucky if you see the CTO in the office more than once or twice a week. I actually heard this once from a developer. "I want to do good work and be proud of the things I build, but lately I just do whatever they tell me to do." I think this is symptomatic of the general moral at Allegiance / MaritzCX. I think most people start there with good intentions and a desire to do quality work but they get beat down by all the disfunction and they only way to maintain your sanity is to stop caring. A handful of hard working engineers have been made out as scapegoats and let go for problems that are due to a lack of leadership and are systemic to the dysfunctional environment.

This company has so much potential. On a human to human personal level you done some very good things but you owe it to your customers to provide a quality product. Get brave and make some tough decisions. If this means scrapping stuff and starting over then so be it. A fresh CTO is probably needed.

There are newer employer reviews for Allegiance