Allegiant Travel
www.allegiantair.com Las Vegas, NV 1000 to 5000 Employees

I have gained weight, and my blood pressure has risen since working at Allegiant...

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Las Vegas, NV

ProsFlight benefits are OK, when you can use them. With so little PTO, it doesn't allow for much usage of these benefits. Your friends and family will get more use out of them then you will. If you find enjoyment from being generous, and giving others the gift of travel, then this will be a perk for you. Overall, the pace of work is good, though, and it seems most are not pressured to work over their 40 hours a week. Another pro is the amount of exercise you'll get walking around the building searching for an open toilet when it's time to go.

ConsAt Headquarters, at least, the misfortune of working in IT means you are crammed in like sardines, working on desks 2x6 in rows, with no privacy or space. No cubicles here, and no productivity or ability to concentrate! N/C headphones aren't even much help here. Not to mention the building houses around 500 employees and only has 5 toilets and 5 urinals for guys, and 8 toilets for gals. Also, 2 weeks PTO sucks, and the health benefits are mediocre to poor.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe excuse of being a discount carrier will eventually wear thin with employees. They will continue to see wide profit margins, and increasing revenue, yet the workplace environment they must put up with on a daily basis stinks. Not to mention the mediocre benefits. Unfortunately it seems management is content on being a high turnover employer, with no care for employee loyalty. A little more investment in the people that actually turn the wheels that earn the profits will reap even greater profits, as less turnover results in less time and money training newcomers, right?

Great experience and exciting growth company

Financial Planning & Analysis Intern (Former Employee)

I worked at Allegiant Travel

Pros: Business casual work environment with good energy, nice people, and filled with a spirit of entrepreneurship. The FP&A team is young, friendly, intelligent, and… Cons: During meetings, few people may reminisce about how things used to be at… Advice to Senior Management: Develop meeting agendas, allot time for topics, and stay on… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great people

Intern (Former Employee)

I worked at Allegiant Travel

Pros: A lot of great personalities and smart people. Smaller groups so it was… Cons: The pay was probably below industry average but still can't… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Allegiant Travel.

Worked for Allegiant Travel? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Allegiant Travel reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Allegiant Travel CEO Maury Gallagher Jr. All reviews posted anonymously by Allegiant Travel employees.