There are newer employer reviews for Allegiant Travel

Complete lack of leadership President and CEO are never there and the culture sucks no transparency at any level.

Current Employee - IT/Finance in Las Vegas, NV
Current Employee - IT/Finance in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Allegiant Travel full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You get to fly to Bozeman MT for free if there is an empty seat and the plane is on time. Do not tell any passengers you are an employee if you know what is good for you.

Cons

Major disfunction at all levels of the company. No transparency at all.

They treat the flight attendants and pilots like garbage that they throw out daily. Flight Attendants and Pilots are going to strike this year to try and get basic benefits like Vacation during your first year.

BEWARE - THEY DO NOT TELL YOU THAT THEY DO NOT GIVE RAISES EVER. IF YOU GET OFFERED A JOB ASK ABOUT RAISES THEY DO NOT GIVE THEM.

I and a fellow employees have been here for 5 years and never got a raise. They tell you you can earn a bonus but it is only $300.

Health insurance is horrible - does not cover anything.

There is NO job security and they told me that during my review.

As a full time employee I take direction from both the CIO and his girlfriend (A CONTRACTOR )and it is seldom the same direction.

Go to Facebook and read the customer reviews if you don't believe me.

Trust me this place is a mad house!

The biggest game is: Either you suck up to the CEO and not have to work or if you cant get close enough to the CEO you better start looking for a new job.

40 Other Employee Reviews for Allegiant Travel (View Most Recent)

Ultra Low Cost air carrier with Ultra Low Cost employees

Current Employee - Flight Ops in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Flight Ops in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Allegiant Travel full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Nice office.and living in Las Vegas is cool. Allegiant has a quirky way of doing things which makes each day different..

Cons

Below industry standards for pay and benefits even though they are one of the most profitable airlines in the US. The company goes "cheap" with everything. The software is prehistoric.
    Middle management is deaf and blind which results in chronic understaffing and high turnover

Allegiant is making good profits, share more of the wealth with the employees that make this possible.

I have gained weight, and my blood pressure has risen since working at Allegiant...

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Allegiant Travel full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flight benefits are OK, when you can use them. With so little PTO, it doesn't allow for much usage of these benefits. Your friends and family will get more use out of them then you will. If you find enjoyment from being generous, and giving others the gift of travel, then this will be a perk for you. Overall, the pace of work is good, though, and it seems most are not pressured to work over their 40 hours a week. Another pro is the amount of exercise you'll get walking around the building searching for an open toilet when it's time to go.

Cons

At Headquarters, at least, the misfortune of working in IT means you are crammed in like sardines, working on desks 2x6 in rows, with no privacy or space. No cubicles here, and no productivity or ability to concentrate! N/C headphones aren't even much help here. Not to mention the building houses around 500 employees and only has 5 toilets and 5 urinals for guys, and 8 toilets for gals. Also, 2 weeks PTO sucks, and the health benefits are mediocre to poor.

The excuse of being a discount carrier will eventually wear thin with employees. They will continue to see wide profit margins, and increasing revenue, yet the workplace environment they must put up with on a daily basis stinks. Not to mention the mediocre benefits. Unfortunately it seems management is content on being a high turnover employer, with no care for employee loyalty. A little more investment in the people that actually turn the wheels that earn the profits will reap even greater profits, as less turnover results in less time and money training newcomers, right?

There are newer employer reviews for Allegiant Travel