Allen Lane

www.allenlane.co.uk
There are newer employer reviews for Allen Lane

Awful ......avoid at all costs.

Former Employee - Finance in London, England (UK)
Former Employee - Finance in London, England (UK)

I worked at Allen Lane full-time (more than a year)

Pros

None.

Up front appears to be all normal, but you will find out later, so spare yourself the drama of dealing with this very unprofessional agency. Cowboy agency springs to mind. "Caveat emptor".

Cons

This recruitment agency is not to be trusted, they behave very unprofessionally, and certainly not in my best interest at all. I worked through them for over one year.

They behaved very unscrupulously with no regard for me as the candidate to act in my best interest. They are arrogant and their unprofessionalism is astounding, and they had no hesitation in treating me badly. "CAVEAT EMPTOR!!!!"

I would recommend you avoid this agency at all costs, or you too may find out later why yourself. It has been a disgusting way to have been treated by them, and they have no scruples about doing so.

Despite doing an excellent job for a long period, my contract was terminated with the client and later with them (the agency) without anyone speaking to me first. I was given nil notice, and learned I was being retrospectively terminated as of the prior Friday unbeknown to me for a whole week!

Written quote from one the directors to the clients manager about me, despite working for them for a long period when they were very happy to take my commission:
"I'm having to get heavy with her".

MESSAGE TO PROSPECTIVE CANDIDATES: My strong advice to any prospective candidate is DO NOT use this agency, find a better one, there are several out there who act 100% professionally towards both the candidate and client, this is certainly not one of them. AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

MESSAGE TO PROSPECTIVE CLIENTS: don't give your business to an agency that is prepared to treat its candidates this badly.

Learn to act respectfully and professionally to all your candidates, in particular ones where they have worked for a considerable period with you and done a good job.

1 Other Employee Reviews for Allen Lane (View Most Recent)

There are newer employer reviews for Allen Lane