Allen School

www.allenschool.edu

ok

Current Employee - CNA Instructor  in  Brooklyn, NY
Current Employee - CNA Instructor in Brooklyn, NY

Pros

ehhhhh its ok... hope to find a better job soon

Cons

not really sure.. teaching cnas is not hard but the pay is crap

Other reviews for Allen School

Fast Paced and Extremely Rewarding

Current Employee - New York Admissions  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - New York Admissions in New York, NY

Pros

If you are looking to work for an organization that is committed to providing a dynamic and fast paced work environment than Allen is the place for you. I began my career at two of the larger proprietary schools and found that the students did not always receive the support and education that was promised to them. At Allen, this is not the case at all. Just take a tour at any of the campuses and you will see smiling students and a warm and welcoming culture from staff and students alike. Professionally, if you like working hard, and are committed to always giving your absolute best you will love Allen. Since I started I have been fortunate to work with a great group of people in at all levels and in many departments who finally share my passion for doing things right and being rewarded for it! Compensation is excellent, and promotional opportunities are always coming available for those who are willing to always learn and strive for success. Not sure the exact percentage, but the owners pay a huge amount of my medical, could not be happier with how I feel they care for me and my family.

Cons

I would say biggest challenge here is with anyone who does not have the internal drive to go the extra mile and always do the right thing. Never have I seen senior and executive leadership work more hours or be closer to the staff at all levels. This is great for those that enjoy being mentored by top management, but can also be very frustrating for those without string work ethic. Managers and above put in many hours (as any good leader would!) but regular staff only work 40 hours a week so work life balance is good if you ask me.

Please continue to raise our bar even higher. The company seems to become better and better each year with the talent that seems to be attracted to the people who work here. I would think that more dinners and after-work celebrations would be great!

Rewarding position helping people improve their lives

Current Employee - Admissions Representative  in  Brooklyn, NY
    Current Employee - Admissions Representative in Brooklyn, NY

Pros

-Interacting with students on a daily basis
    -Knowing you are helping people genuinely improve their quality of life
    -Opportunity for growth if you perform well
    -Good pay
    -Very generous benefits
    -Many employees have been with the company for a long period of time

I also want to say I've had many interactions with Jason Teich and he is a very flexible, reasonable person. He knows the business from the ground up as it is family owner and operated. The person who said he is like "Al Capone" is clearly bitter and angry at themselves. You would not be fired for one bad start, only excused for consistent below-average performance. I have had a bad start before and have only been encouraged to do better the next time around, since they know I am capable of better. That's why people have stayed with this company for YEARS and I AM ONE OF THEM!

Cons

-Have to wait one year before being able to participate in 401K
    -Too small to hide
    -No vacation allowed in September or January

-More feedback on how happy they are with my performance
    -More room for creativity
    -Allow participation in 401K the first year

There are newer employer reviews for Allen School.

Worked for Allen School? Contribute to the Community!