Allen School of Health Sciences

There are newer employer reviews for Allen School of Health Sciences

ok

Current Employee - CNA Instructor in Brooklyn, NY
Current Employee - CNA Instructor in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Allen School of Health Sciences full-time (less than a year)

Pros

ehhhhh its ok... hope to find a better job soon

Cons

not really sure.. teaching cnas is not hard but the pay is crap

10 Other Employee Reviews for Allen School of Health Sciences (View Most Recent)

Best Experience in Admissions

Current Employee - Advisor in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Advisor in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Allen School of Health Sciences full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Management is supportive and encouraging, we operate like a family. I appreciate all of my coworkers and think it's a great environment, overall. Weekly team building and Directors are always there to help and answer questions. Constant call reviews and feedback. You actually get to talk to the CEO and head Directors, and involvement is high from all levels. Promotion from within is achievable, there is room for growth as well. Family foundation. More Financial Aid advisors to balance the admissions.

Cons

As in all admissions, you often are only as good as your last start. I've seen a bit of turnover, but the ones who make it create a great environment. I think the turn over has been really on the employees, not really Allen School. Hard to get time off, a lot of "blackout" dates, but overall just respect the time and it's likely to be approved.

I appreciate all of the directors, I've seen the best of them and the worst of them. Sometimes it's an emotional place, but there is always someone to go to.

Do not work here, take my advice

Former Employee - Senior Advisor in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Senior Advisor in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Allen School of Health Sciences full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Before 2010 when the new COO started the company was about it's people. 8 hour work days, xmas bonus, could take your time off, and they listened. Read the Cons section because all that is gone.

Cons

When they brought in the current COO this entire school changed. I suppose the owners thought he knew was he was doing but he has no clue. He got rid of everything that is in the pro section of this review and then it only got worse. He became abusive to the point of yelling, kicking you out of meetings, calling you names, embarrassing you in front of the entire staff, playing staff members against each other, constantly telling management "were broke, we may not stay open long", walking around calling himself "Jesus Christ", intimidating anyone and everyone when he came to Phoenix, and the list goes on. I have never been afraid to work for a company until they hired this man. I was always scared wondering when it would be my turn to be the victim of his tenacious wrath. Many employee's told the owners of this mans flat out abuse and they didn't care so because of that, I have lost all respect for the owners and that says a lot.

This advice is to the owners. You built this school from the 60's into a very respected and great place to work. You threw that all way when you hired the "con artist". What you have yet to figure out is he has no idea what he really is doing but has con'd his way into your company. He destroyed everything you built. Shame on you for not being brave enough to take back your company.

Allen School of Health Sciences Response

Nov 26, 2014Senior Manager, Marketing and Digital Media

You are absolutely correct that the Allen School of Health Sciences has stood strong for over 50 years. We've been able to do this through following our internal policy and procedure as well as ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Allen School of Health Sciences