Allen Systems Group

www.asg.com
There are newer employer reviews for Allen Systems Group

Meh

I have been working at Allen Systems Group

Pros

You only work here if you don't have any other place to go. You get 80% pay (1 day forced furlough) and you get Medical, Dental, and Vision. 401K is a benefit but there is no company match.

Cons

Hardly an communication of company strategy/direction keeps the workers wondering when their 4 day work week (furlough) is going to end. 2012 Q1 sales were abysmal. 2012 Q2 is not looking good either - major spending freeze. Not enough people to produce new features in products so there is only maintenance activities. Customers are angry because they don't see quality work being done.

Just shut down the company and put the employees out of their misery. Stop spending on Mr. Allen's luxuries like yatchs and jets

152 Other Employee Reviews for Allen Systems Group (View Most Recent)

Here's a box and there's the door......

I worked at Allen Systems Group

Pros

4 day work week gives employees plenty of oppurtunites to look for another job
    People that I worked with on a daily basis were a great bunch of folks

Cons

No severance package when laid off - you get your last paycheck and that's it (this applies to all the "little people" - even employees that have been there 10+ years)
    Benefits cutoff at midnight on the day that you are laid off
    Abundance of cameras and biometric security - treating employees like we are a bunch of petty criminals. Why not just install timecard punch machines?
    Morale is below rock bottom due to resignations and layoffs
    No attempt to hold on to talented employees and no attempt to replace them
    No pay increase for at least 5 years
    Employees in US have been on a 4 day week for the last 3 years
    No 401K match for over 3 years
    No communication from upper management - everything is learned by rumors or gossip
    No career opportunities or oppurtnunites for advancement
    No training for employees

There really is no point. No advice would be listened to or passed up the chain. The upside is that AA's bad decisions and greed is finally catching up with him. I feel very bad for all of the people still there. My advice: make every effort to save up a nest egg (I know this is difficult on 20 percent less pay) because if you get laid off you get nothing. Get out while you can!

Circling the Drain

I have been working at Allen Systems Group

Pros

* Generally a good group of people to work with
    * Safe office environment - no shortage of cameras and biometric access control keeps out the riff-raff
    * If you are a salesperson who values metric-driven management and process over outcomes, then this is the place for you

Cons

* Company is managed like the business equivalent of a third world dictatorship
    * Did I mention the cameras and biometric security? Why so paranoid?
    * If you are a salesperson who values outcomes over process, then this might be your personal circle of hell
    * Zip. zero, nada, zilch communication from the CEO (but I have to give credit to the new EVP Sales for his candor)
    * No real (or imagined) vision for the future. Acquiring companies is great, but apart the maintenance revenue stream what is the point? All that you end up with are really frustrated and angry customers who do not want to do business with ASG
    * Serious cash flow issues resulting in suppliers not getting paid and employees may be next.

Really tough to think that any input would make it past the sycophants masquerading as leadership. However, if you could get through the message would be to stop blaming ASG's employees for the company's woes and look inward.

There are newer employer reviews for Allen Systems Group