There are newer employer reviews for Allergan

This was the best job I ever had.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I worked at Allergan

Pros

Great team work, support from management, and drive for success. I enjoyed the learning opportunities and left the company with a wealth of knowledge.

Cons

Senior management changed direction frequently and sometimes made questionable decisions. I was never really sure what the top 2 managers contributed.

Advice to Management

Be careful of initiatives you implement that will greatly benefit your competitors. They are always watching us and tend to take credit for what we do.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. As a mid-cap pharma company, it's an excellent launching pad into the industry

I have been working at Allergan

Pros

Flexibility, conservative casual dress albeit slightly more "business" than other company HQs in southern California. Pay, on average, is slightly less, though many positions will provide you with a broader range of experiences across different areas than large pharma, weather, clean and beautiful campus

Cons

Less exposure to the more expensive consulting firms, less services and benefits than large pharma, company gym

2. Allergan has helped me lay the groundwork for my career

I have been working at Allergan

Pros

Working at Allergan has many pros such as good healthcare insurance, nice Irvine campus, employee benefits such as discounted products.

Cons

A couple of downsides to working for any big company is the difficulty of getting promoted within the company. It is very hard to climb up the ladder.

Advice to Management

It would be nice to have more visibility to upper management and their decisions that may affect employees such as cutting down on healthcare benefits.