Not that great.

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager
Current Employee - Senior Account Manager

I have been working at Allergan full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Stable company, solid revenue gains and stock performance. Difficult take over target do to corporate structure. Good products. Front line employees are only a few steps from top. David pyott is very accessible and personable with good business mind.

Cons

Botox accounts for to much corporate revenue. Corporate politics are terrible at with middle level management. Lots of big pharma drop outs that bring their negative politics and title first performance second mentality. General council, human resources have a negative strangle hold on company. Recruite to many second rate pharma executives. Business operations, IT, accounting are inefficient and use very cheap applications that reduce productivity.

Advice to Management

Hire the best, brightest, top performing people, pay them the best to retain them. Improve R&D new technology development in device units. Stop the branded generic strategy in pharma units. HR needs to get rid of arrogant middle management.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Too many departments too many people to do one job - quality suffers

Former Employee - Manager, GDO in Marlow, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Manager, GDO in Marlow, England (UK)

I worked at Allergan full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great salary, benefits, bonus. Cash rich company.

Cons

Non flexible working hours. Lack of execution of company values. Very sales/commercial driven. Lack of quality focus. Poor processes and blurred responsibilities across many departments and people.

Advice to Management

Walk the talk in terms of company values.

Allergan Response

Dec 8, 2014Talent Acquisition Manager

We are sorry to hear this. We hope that recent changes we've made have put us on a better track.

2. Love what my product can do for patients (Botox) but unhappy with career advancement opportunities

I have been working at Allergan

Pros

very professional coworkers, ability to partner with customers and a high level satisfaction in beneifts of my product and what it can do for patients.

Cons

We are beginning to loose the small company feel, limited professional growth opportunites, limited opportunity for advancement and very poor support from HR.

Advice to Management

Please wake up and show some appreciation for longer term employees. The rush to be more like big Pharma is very unsettleing.