There are newer employer reviews for Allergan

Not that great.

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager
Current Employee - Senior Account Manager

I have been working at Allergan full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Stable company, solid revenue gains and stock performance. Difficult take over target do to corporate structure. Good products. Front line employees are only a few steps from top. David pyott is very accessible and personable with good business mind.

Cons

Botox accounts for to much corporate revenue. Corporate politics are terrible at with middle level management. Lots of big pharma drop outs that bring their negative politics and title first performance second mentality. General council, human resources have a negative strangle hold on company. Recruite to many second rate pharma executives. Business operations, IT, accounting are inefficient and use very cheap applications that reduce productivity.

Advice to Management

Hire the best, brightest, top performing people, pay them the best to retain them. Improve R&D new technology development in device units. Stop the branded generic strategy in pharma units. HR needs to get rid of arrogant middle management.

reviews filtered by
  1. Too many departments too many people to do one job - quality suffers

Former Employee - Manager, GDO in Marlow, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Manager, GDO in Marlow, England (UK)

I worked at Allergan full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great salary, benefits, bonus. Cash rich company.

Cons

Non flexible working hours. Lack of execution of company values. Very sales/commercial driven. Lack of quality focus. Poor processes and blurred responsibilities across many departments and people.

Advice to Management

Walk the talk in terms of company values.

Allergan Response

Dec 8, 2014Talent Acquisition Manager

We are sorry to hear this. We hope that recent changes we've made have put us on a better track.

2. A good learning experience

I have been working at Allergan

Pros

Mid-size company so you have a lot of opportunities to work on projects and be recognized. And hopefully you have a chance to grow with the company.

Cons

Benefit package not as competitive. Product portfolio is small. Limited budgets for certain projects. Limited travel funds for business travel.

Advice to Management

Streamline administrative processes so that employees can spend more time working on projects. Need more job advancement opportunities for employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Allergan