Allergan

www.allergan.com
  www.allergan.com
There are newer employer reviews for Allergan

I have been at Allergan for less than a year and it has been a mostly great experience.

I have been working at Allergan full-time (less than an year)

Pros

It's a great opportunity to work with very talented people in an atmosphere that encourages growth. They do a great job at recruiting people who are a pleasure to be around.

Cons

As with most larger companies, there is a lot of bureaucracy, a collection of overly complicated systems, and sometimes inefficient communication. The number of meetings may be a hindrance to productivity.

Very pleased with management in my group.

231 Other Employee Reviews for Allergan (View Most Recent)

Best Job I've Ever Had

Current Employee - Specialist in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Specialist in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Allergan full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good work-life balance, excellent benefits, lovely corporate headquarters, stability, great management. I am actually happy to come to work every day.

Cons

There are no downsides to working for this company in my opinion. I have been here more than 10 years and have nothing to complain about.

God awful place to work

I worked at Allergan full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The benefits, but they need improvement. Can't think of anything else about this company. Location is nice...

Cons

Awful management and HR at all levels. They will use fear, lies and intimidation if they don't like you. If you speak out and excel at your job, your boss will do everything to make you look bad. Totally incompetent directors and senior directors. When your VP tells you to lower your expectations, run far and fast, this is not a place that takes the work that they do seriously. Used to be a good place before new directors came in and started hiring their friends in the NJ office. This place is a joke and cronyism is awful. If you're a thought leader who excels at what they do and challenges the status quo, Allergan is not the place for you. If all you can do is say yes to your incompetent management and can't think for yourself you'll go far. Those are the only people they will hire these days. Allergan values aren't worth the paper they're written on.

Look at how your directors, Sr. directors and HR are treating their people and the tactics they use to intimidate. Look at who is getting hired and why. Start getting rid of those who have been there for 10-20 years and have NO OTHER experience. If the same things happen over and over again in the same departments, like a sports coach it's time for them to go! Rethink your referral bonus policy and stop allowing entire departments to benefit from a cash reward by hiring their "friends." If you look closely, you will see a trend in certain areas.

There are newer employer reviews for Allergan