Alliance iCommunications

www.allianceicomm.com
  www.allianceicomm.com
There are newer employer reviews for Alliance iCommunications

Worst Employer I've ever had.

Former Employee - Inbound Call Centre Agent in London, ON (Canada)
Former Employee - Inbound Call Centre Agent in London, ON (Canada)

I worked at Alliance iCommunications full-time (less than an year)

Pros

My coworkers were awesome, and we shared a lot of laughs. 99% of the customers were pleasant and easy to deal with. If management could have gotten their act together I never would have never left.

Cons

All of the problems with this job/company begin and end with the "coaches" and management. They were VERY clear to us in training that "there will be favorites" and we should just get used to that. They make you clock out to use the bathroom, and if you use more than 5 minutes of bathroom time per day, you must give up one of your breaks. OR...you have the very generous offer to divide your lunch into 6 five minute breaks to allow for bathroom breaks.
During our training the coaches were very upbeat and fun, and told us a lot of positive things about the job. We were a brand new campaign (Canadian roadside service) and training was like a constant pep rally. Once we were back to the call centre that changed immediately. There was constant "QA", or feedback. It was always negative. Unless of course you were one of the favorites, then you could get away with murder without being called out on it. How do you get to be a favorite? Well, if you worked with the coaches at Teletech, or you flirted with the male staff and/or wore low cut shirts showing lots of cleavage, you had a really good shot of being a favorite. Once you've secured that spot you can give members wrong information, you can be late, or call in, you can have your preferred shifts, you can sit on your desk, chewing gum (supposedly not allowed on the call centre floor) reading a book, with your feet on your chair and no one will say a word to you.
Retention is not important to Alliance and they don't care if you leave or stay.
Be warned, they will outright lie to you during your interview about "working around your schedule". They won't. Also, in all the time I was there I never worked a full 40 hour week. They will send you home early citing "business needs". Another important thing to know is that you leave before you complete 150 hours, they roll your wages back to minimum wage for all the hours you've already worked, which means you lose your last pay cheque.

Stop treating your staff like cattle, and acknowledge how hard they work for you. Care more about keeping your fully trained staff and make your team members feel valued by you.

5 Other Employee Reviews for Alliance iCommunications (View Most Recent)

Excellent company to work for!

Current Employee - Inbound Customer Service Representative in London, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Alliance iCommunications full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Flexible hours, wonderful work environment with great co-workers and staff! There is always a coach there to help you if you are ever unsure of what to do! They really take care of the employee with monthly 50/50 draws, employee bonuses, fully equipped lunch room and benefits! There is also lots of room for advancement within the company

Cons

You have to work for a long time to get benefits.`

Keep up the great work! You have a great team!

Fired for no reason - Avoid this company at all costs

Former Employee - Bilingual Sales Specialist in London, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Bilingual Sales Specialist in London, ON (Canada)

I worked at Alliance iCommunications full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They have an interesting bonus salary rate for people who speak two or three different languages and they give it right at the beginning of training

Cons

I was hired to work for a French campaign along with a large group of other French speakers. We did three weeks of training and then were sent to the floor, where we were added to the English campaign because the French one hadn't yet started. I was there for three weeks and then promptly fired because I didn't make the quotas. The French campaign still hadn't started. Out of the whole group of people that were hired with me, in fact, only one person remains at work there.

I would suggest to invest in the employes they already have instead of constantly replacing them and having to pay so much for training.

There are newer employer reviews for Alliance iCommunications