Alliance to Save Energy
ase.org Washington, DC 50 to 149 Employees

Nice place to "start" your career in Washington, D.C.

Intern (Current Employee)

I have been working at Alliance to Save Energy

Pros- energetic, supportive and knowledgeable staff
- a lot of opportunities to network internally as well as externally at events and webinars
- take professional development goals seriously
- gets a lot of government contracts so good place if you are looking into a career in environmental or public policy

Cons- high turnover rate. I was there for 8 months during which at least 5 people moved on to other jobs.
- projects (and your job) heavily depend on grant money, so if you haven't given them a good reason to keep you around you're most likely heading right back to the job market.
- for an environmental nonprofit that is suppose to save energy- they employees do not walk the talk. Lights are left on by staff including senior staff when they leave the office. Use of paper cups on a daily basis, highly wasteful Flavia coffee machine with individual coffee/tea pods. There is motion sensor, LEED certification and appliances with ENERGY STAR logos everywhere, but not much effort has been taken to promote behavioral sustainability internally.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work, but also try to keep your staff on board for at least 5 years.

Excellent

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Alliance to Save Energy as an intern

Pros: The atmosphere and the experience was amazing Cons: There was not any cons in my experience. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great mission, dedicated people, but organization has been shrinking lately.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Washington, DC

I worked at Alliance to Save Energy full-time

Pros: Visionary thought leadership on energy efficiency. When opportunities are available, staff are given increased… Cons: Organization has high turn-over and career paths are often not… Advice to Senior Management: Provide more professional development opportunities to staff. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Alliance to Save Energy.

Worked for Alliance to Save Energy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Alliance to Save Energy reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Alliance to Save Energy CEO Kateri Callahan. All reviews posted anonymously by Alliance to Save Energy employees.