AllianceBernstein

www.alliancebernstein.com

Great firm.... in theory

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAccess to the best market research and analysts you could ask for. Bernstein does an amazing job of hiring excellent people, who generally are both intelligent and personable, making the workplace enjoyable.

ConsExtremely limited career growth opportunitiy - they tell you the growth path is there, but once you work your ass off for years, you realize that it likely won't happen to you.

Advice to Senior ManagementExtremely hierarchical - upper management can be very difficult to pin down unless you are dealing with a client/situation they deem "worthy". Be straightforward with your employees about growth opportunities and tell them what is and is not available to them. Kraus (new CEO) has done a great job trying to turn the company around and keep talent employed, but needs more work.

management is all about cost-cutting

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at AllianceBernstein full-time

Pros: Decent people to work with and not as aggressive or… Cons: Management is pretty bad and all about cost cutting. CEO is a joke and the firm seems years behind peers in terms of operations,… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Lots of politics, below average comp, not innovative

Software Developer (Former Employee) New York, NY

I worked at AllianceBernstein full-time for more than a year

Pros: Cafeteria has great selection, and well stocked kitchen, hours are… Cons: Constant layoffs, below average pay, too much politics - not much room for growth as promotions are given to politics, no real defined roles in… Advice to Senior Management: Find a direction and communicate to staff, be open to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on AllianceBernstein.

Worked for AllianceBernstein? Contribute to the Community!