Private Client Associate review

I have been working at AllianceBernstein

Pros

managable hours, good amount of time off, great group of people to work with/around

Cons

dated technology, extremely limited carear advancement for private client associate, job is focussed on processing, not much anaylitics, Bernstein Global Wealth management still acts like they're not part of AllianceBernstein in terms of integrating different service channels and job opportunities

focus on some sort of advertising/sponsorship -- contrary to what much of management thinks, not a lot of people know of AB

Other Reviews for AllianceBernstein

Excellent position to begin a career in financial services industry.

I have been working at AllianceBernstein

Pros

One of the leading money managers in the world; great access to senior members of the firm; surrounded by successful people with diverse backgrounds and networks; excellent networking opportunity for tenured associates who build relationships with clients across various industries.

Cons

Regional offices have limited opportunities for associates - senior positions only created within a regional office as it expands. Career moves usually require moving to NY or other larger office.

Develop additional opportunities for the associates who love the firm and want to stay after receiving their MBAs or other post graduate certificates (CPA, CFA, CFP).

Your coworkers become like family

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at AllianceBernstein as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros

The people I worked with in Technology & Operations department have been so friendly both in a professional sense, figuring out how they can help you, but also in a personal "how was your weekend?" sort of way. In my role I had a lot of independence and freedom to implement ideas, creating a sense of ownership in the process.

Cons

People stay because they enjoy who they work with and the work that they do. I was paid well for my role, but I know others that may not have met the market average for technology. I think its reflective of an older traditional view that technology plays a support role to the industry vs being what makes the industry possible.

There are newer employer reviews for AllianceBernstein.

Worked for AllianceBernstein? Contribute to the Community!