AllianceBernstein
www.alliancebernstein.com New York, NY 1000 to 5000 Employees

Bureaucratic and old-fashioned, but hours are reasonable for a Wall Street job

Vice President, Fixed Income Technology (Current Employee)
New York, NY

ProsI've worked at 2 major investment banksand 2 hedge funds. AllianceBernstein has the best hours, fairly nice offices, a great cafeteria, and a fairly relaxed atmosphere. Managers don't yell and tend not to make unreasonable demands.

ConsI find my colleagues the least capable of the places I've worked. One or two are probably of average intelligence, which is pretty dumb by New York banking standards. Simple tasks require extensive explanations, and even then they have difficulty. There is hardly any career development. The firm offers some training, but it's quite limited. No career path is outlined, not just for me but for anyone I've talked to. My boss lies somewhat often, but his boss seems honest as far as I can tell. It takes forever for projects to be completed, mostly because IT has low standing and investment managers can't bother to approve our work, even if they need it. Bureaucracy isn't awful, but it's more entrenched than it should be. Doing a good job is valued much less than towing the course.

Advice to Senior ManagementInclude career development as a company goal; it would boost employee morale. Pay better.

The company is ok

Software Developer (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

I have been working at AllianceBernstein full-time for more than a year

Pros: The interview process is very efficient Cons: The method is little weird they use text message to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

AllianceBernstein provided me with invaluable accounting/reporting experience in the mutual funds industry.

Assistant Vice President (Former Employee)

I worked at AllianceBernstein full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Company offers opportunities for career growth and exposure to most aspect of the business. There is a team environment and most… Cons: Inequitable compensation system; compensation is not awarded fairly. There is perceived subjectivity and favoritism as it regards performance evaluation and compensation. A panel… Advice to Senior Management: Human Capital should ensure fair treatment and compensation of all employees. The performance evaluation system needs to be revamped to ensure that employees are… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on AllianceBernstein.

Worked for AllianceBernstein? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AllianceBernstein reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for AllianceBernstein CEO Peter S. Kraus. All reviews posted anonymously by AllianceBernstein employees.