There are newer employer reviews for AllianceBernstein

Amazing place to work

I have been working at AllianceBernstein full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Caring workplace with flexible options...

Cons

No work from home option...

reviews filtered by

Don't Bother

I worked at AllianceBernstein full-time (less than a year)

Pros

No pros at this time

Cons

4 days after I was hired I was informed that the department was being absorbed by another company, which they knew when they hired me but of course did not inform me. I left 6 months later. A month after I left 100 people were let go.

In addition, the work environment is by far the worst I have ever worked in. No one spoke to one another, ever. Everyone was miserable. And there was zero training available. Every time I asked someone to train me on what I needed to do for the job they were always too busy.

Fix the work environment

Bureaucratic and old-fashioned, but hours are reasonable for a Wall Street job

Current Employee - Vice President, Fixed Income Technology in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Vice President, Fixed Income Technology in New York, NY

I have been working at AllianceBernstein full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I've worked at 2 major investment banksand 2 hedge funds. AllianceBernstein has the best hours, fairly nice offices, a great cafeteria, and a fairly relaxed atmosphere. Managers don't yell and tend not to make unreasonable demands.

Cons

I find my colleagues the least capable of the places I've worked. One or two are probably of average intelligence, which is pretty dumb by New York banking standards. Simple tasks require extensive explanations, and even then they have difficulty. There is hardly any career development. The firm offers some training, but it's quite limited. No career path is outlined, not just for me but for anyone I've talked to. My boss lies somewhat often, but his boss seems honest as far as I can tell. It takes forever for projects to be completed, mostly because IT has low standing and investment managers can't bother to approve our work, even if they need it. Bureaucracy isn't awful, but it's more entrenched than it should be. Doing a good job is valued much less than towing the course.

Include career development as a company goal; it would boost employee morale. Pay better.

There are newer employer reviews for AllianceBernstein