Alliant Energy

www.alliantenergy.com

A great place to work

Developer (Current Employee) Madison, WI

ProsI am a developer in the information technology area. I have found Alliant to be a very pleasant environment to work in. We have deadlines but nothing unreasonable and there is not ridiculous pressure on developers. I feel the salary and benefits are very competitive and Alliant does a good job in making sure your salary doesn't slip below the market. I have found the people and management to be generally really great people. The company also is very flexible with your schedule.

ConsThe building itself (in Madison on Biltmore) is really bland. Everything is very grey which gives it almost a dismal feeling. The only other thing is PTO (vacation) time which they tend to be very stingy with. You only get 2 weeks of vacation for your first SEVEN YEARS of employment. That's just not enough. Fortunately, you can sometimes get credit for "professional experience" that will get your two 3 weeks a bit faster.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to maintain good communication with your teams and appreciate the value of your employees and I think you will consider to be successful.

Good culture

I have been working at Alliant Energy full-time

Pros: Great people to work with and very easy going with… Cons: A bit too slow pace environment. Promotions are very slow. Training often times has… Advice to Senior Management: Allow change and listen to your subordinates. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

It was a great opportunity for me to grow in my career.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Madison, WI

I worked at Alliant Energy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: There is continuing education and an encouragement to rise higher. If you… Cons: politics. But, you will find this in any corporate environment.… Advice to Senior Management: Continue to encourage the underlings to education and excellence. Flexibility in schedules where its possible. Offer work at home/offsite opportunities. Make production/performance the scale that… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Alliant Energy.

Worked for Alliant Energy? Contribute to the Community!