There are newer employer reviews for Alliant Energy

A great place to work

Current Employee - Developer  in  Madison, WI
Current Employee - Developer in Madison, WI

I have been working at Alliant Energy full-time for more than a year

Pros

I am a developer in the information technology area. I have found Alliant to be a very pleasant environment to work in. We have deadlines but nothing unreasonable and there is not ridiculous pressure on developers. I feel the salary and benefits are very competitive and Alliant does a good job in making sure your salary doesn't slip below the market. I have found the people and management to be generally really great people. The company also is very flexible with your schedule.

Cons

The building itself (in Madison on Biltmore) is really bland. Everything is very grey which gives it almost a dismal feeling. The only other thing is PTO (vacation) time which they tend to be very stingy with. You only get 2 weeks of vacation for your first SEVEN YEARS of employment. That's just not enough. Fortunately, you can sometimes get credit for "professional experience" that will get your two 3 weeks a bit faster.

Continue to maintain good communication with your teams and appreciate the value of your employees and I think you will consider to be successful.

36 Other Employee Reviews for Alliant Energy (View Most Recent)

Good culture

I have been working at Alliant Energy full-time

Pros

Great people to work with and very easy going with flexible time. Competative salaries and bonus.

Cons

A bit too slow pace environment. Promotions are very slow. Training often times has to be done on your own, so not too much encoragement for professional growth.

Allow change and listen to your subordinates.

It was a great opportunity for me to grow in my career.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Madison, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

I worked at Alliant Energy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There is continuing education and an encouragement to rise higher. If you want to move up, you can do it, no matter where you started.

Cons

politics. But, you will find this in any corporate environment. It is not an insurmountable though.

Continue to encourage the underlings to education and excellence. Flexibility in schedules where its possible. Offer work at home/offsite opportunities. Make production/performance the scale that is weighed for all jobs, not just fitting into the social norm.Don't cookie cutter everyone into roles. Provide more training and support for persons with mental disabilities that may require modified work environments. They can be your best employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Alliant Energy

Worked for Alliant Energy? Contribute to the Community!