Alliant Energy

www.alliantenergy.com
  www.alliantenergy.com
There are newer employer reviews for Alliant Energy

Overall Alliant is an OK place to work. They used to be much better before the economy fell through.

I have been working at Alliant Energy

Pros

Salary, nice building, good benefits. Overall the people are great at Alliant. Management is very much a click and unapproachable at least from my perspective but they keep to themselves so that is not a problem unless you want to be one of them.

Cons

Employee are just that. You are treated well but noting special. When I say that, I mean to say I personally feel like the expectation is to do your job and be efficient and quiet about it.

Be more open with employees. The team feeling is gone and most worker bees feel like a number and unappreciated.

39 Other Employee Reviews for Alliant Energy (View Most Recent)

My last 5 years back in Mineral Point were ultimately the best years with the company.

Current Employee - RETIRED Electric Metering Technician in Mineral Point, WI
    Current Employee - RETIRED Electric Metering Technician in Mineral Point, WI

I have been working at Alliant Energy

Pros

The wages were fair, benefits were good, and the Company ran like a well oiled machine. The union did a lot of good for the employees.

Cons

Many of the employees may have never worked outside of Alliant Energy, which is actually a downfall to themselves. They need to know how other companys work to understand that they've got it pretty good with Alliant Enegy.

I can't imagine why employees have such a hard time with Management. Compared to the management of 10 - 20 years back, the new management seems to be well informed and courteous toward us "worker bees".

Good place to work

I have been working at Alliant Energy

Pros

Good benefits, nice place to work.

Cons

They have their 'favorites' and if you are not one of them, you are subject to 'downsizing'.

When you let someone go, at least tell them why! Don't just give the excuse of 'downsizing'. Especially when less then a year later you hire for the same position again!!!

There are newer employer reviews for Alliant Energy