Great learning opportunity

Former Employee - Managed Services Engineer in Morristown, NJ
Former Employee - Managed Services Engineer in Morristown, NJ

I worked at Alliant Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

you will learn a lot about lots of different technologies, Most of the Staff are really nice people.

Cons

so so management,and you have to work toward/ Ask for a raise

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Senior Network Engineer

I have been working at Alliant Technologies full-time

Pros

Thinking of what you say...

Cons

This place is beyond imagination. I feel sorry for all who go through interviews and accept the offer. Word of caution, everything that was told to you during interviews will be completely different from day 1. Unless it is written in your offer letter, forget it. They do not keep their word. They will promise you bonus every year, but will keep denying it when it comes to pay.

They will always tell you they did not make money, but surprisingly they keep on hiring. Strange, if company does not make money, how can you hire? I guess they keep on borrowing to pay employee salaries..

Don't go by their website. If you are looking for training, they do offer training. Free training that cisco offers..Lol... No paid training is offered. Reviews are joke and non existent. Don't expect raise for couple of years, remember I told you earlier, "Company did not make any money". They have been telling people the same for past 5 years and I am assuming they will keep doing for next 5.

So my advise for people interviewing, do not fall for in their trap, especially if you require H1-B. You are stuck forever.. Take your time and look for another employer as you'll not able to switch for many years.

Advice to Management

No advise, nothing can change this place.

Learned a new industry which allowed a move to another company.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Morristown, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Morristown, NJ

I worked at Alliant Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The engineers are good people who care about each other, their customers and technology. They put enormous energy into shielding customers from management incompetency and helping one another.

Cons

Management is proliferated by self-serving, grandiose individuals who churn and burn staff. There is no training or opportunity to develop or improve skills. Any new ideas are quickly squashed and belittled.

Advice to Management

Treat the staff like they are heart of the company rather then play lip service to this.