Alliant Techsystems

Good internship experience.

Current Employee - Intern in Mesa, AZ
Current Employee - Intern in Mesa, AZ

I have been working at Alliant Techsystems

Pros

9/80 work schedule is great

Cons

not enough room for movement within company

increase lateral movement within the company. Be sure to communicate information flow between departments and share the technologies and best practices learned.

165 Other Employee Reviews for Alliant Techsystems (View Most Recent)

Management by fear

Former Employee - Engineering in Mesa, AZ
    Former Employee - Engineering in Mesa, AZ

I worked at Alliant Techsystems

Pros

Nice office space in the Mesa Arizona facility

Cons

There's a culture in the mesa, Az office that thrive in the desire to managment people by fear. If mistakes happen which in any orgazation they do, manager will reprimand or fire the person that made the mistake. Also the company is very volitial and have had several round of layoff since 2009.

Encourage employee to makes mistake and learn in the process.

Very positive experience at ATK. Teams are small, and the communication very good between engineers and managers.

Current Employee - Senior Electrical Engineer in Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Electrical Engineer in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at Alliant Techsystems

Pros

There is no so much overhead like in other government contractors of similar size. System engineers and engineers have good communication. Requirements are flown down very efficiently and engineers' progress monitored with available help if needed. Good pay, Good benefits, great knowledgeable people to work with. I feel, I learn enough interesting subjects at my work.

Cons

There are no so many technologies being developed in Clearwater. Therefore, if their products get replaced by competitors', they will run out of big chunk of business.
    Typical training ethics garbage, employees have to take like at any other government contractor.

Overall, good job. Try to diversify people skill wise so they can switch between different projects. Do not share projects between facilities that are thousands miles apart from each other while you can not move people from one project to anouther at same facility. Try to make employees' skills more diverse although I see attempts of it but it is not enough.

There are newer employer reviews for Alliant Techsystems