Allianz Global Investors

www.allianzglobalinvestors.com
  www.allianzglobalinvestors.com
There are newer employer reviews for Allianz Global Investors

generally a positive place to be

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Allianz Global Investors

Pros

Firm is focused on growing their business and have some very good investment portfolios

Cons

Similar to all other large financial services firms with lots of politics and favoritism

33 Other Employee Reviews for Allianz Global Investors (View Most Recent)

Come here to retire

Current Employee - Research Analyst in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Current Employee - Research Analyst in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I have been working at Allianz Global Investors full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Work hours, Job security, responsibility.

Cons

The company in Hong Kong is very political. Merit doesn't matter. The CIO is not aware of games being played by the next lower level of management. Pay is bottom among asset managers. Promotions are based on number of years in the company, and slower promotions vs. rest of the companies. Salary increment in promotions is minimal. Internal politics in the investment team is killing all productivity. Head of that team doesn't perform well and shows favoritism without results. There is no accountability in the team, you can be wrong all the time and still continue.
    There is no culture of giving more responsibility to people within, so no one is motivated.

Stay away.

Pay more attention to junior and mid level employees concerns. Make it more merit based. Fire the senior management who play politics and spoil the atmosphere. Increase pay to motivate junior people

I had a great and very educational internship

Former Employee - Intern
    Former Employee - Intern

I worked at Allianz Global Investors as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

people took their time to help, the team and atmosphere were great, I learned a lot in very little time. good overview of how a job would be, pay was good for interns, very soon I had responsibilities. comments on my work were real and not sugar coated because of my level. team would do activities also in private time.

Cons

it is hard to give cons as it was for an internship and I do not have comparing material, but with team events, sometimes interns were asked to finance their own.

There are newer employer reviews for Allianz Global Investors