There are newer employer reviews for Allianz Life

Case Manager

Former Employee - Case Manager in Golden Valley, MN
Former Employee - Case Manager in Golden Valley, MN

I worked at Allianz Life full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

My work was challenging but not overwhelming. My coworkers were wonderful & my manager was supportive. The atmosphere was fantastic.

Cons

This was my perfect job, and I have nothing negative to say about Allianz.

Keep it up!

reviews filtered by
  1. Overall good environment, but so-so experience

Former Intern - Actuarial Intern in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Allianz Life as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Well-structured intern program with ample experience to learn and interact with full-time coworkers.

Cons

Time contraints with my manager resulted in a lack of direction at many times (but I think this was not typical of other intern experiences).

Make sure all of the interns get regular direction and contact with managers.

A Pretty Mixed Bag At Best

Former Intern - Actuarial Intern in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Allianz Life as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Great Location
    Good Pay
    Fun Summer Activities
    Nice Cafeteria and Food Options
    Fun Overall Atmosphere
    Very Thorough Orientation
    Some Opportunity for Personal Growth

Cons

Anyone who wants to be an actuarial intern here should be prepared for an unreasonably intense, political battle royale for a full-time offer. Many managers here have high egos and can't resist talking about how much better they are at Allianz than their competitors. One of the hiring managers is really awkward and you'll know who I'm talking about when you meet him. Some of the managers act as though they don't want to be dealing with an intern. Good luck getting an offer if you have a manager like that. As for the actual work itself, basically you are an overpaid computer programmer not really doing anything actuarial or learning anything other than automation in VBA, so have fun describing your "actuarial" experience in your interviews with other companies when you don't get an offer here because you didn't play their politics and actually wanted to get work done and develop yourself instead.

Ditch the hostile, overly competitive atmosphere, and instead create one that promotes learning and growth. Ensure that the managers have good social skills because if they don't have them, they shouldn't manage anybody. Make sure the actuarial interns do more actuarial work than technical work. Also, I think that upper management does a great job, it's the actuarial managers that contributed to the weaknesses of my experience.

There are newer employer reviews for Allianz Life