Allianz

A Firm With Low & No Growth

Analyst (Former Employee)
New York, NY

I worked at Allianz full-time for more than 5 years

ProsInitially, this firm was booming and growing back in 2008. In fact, this firm was doing very well while the rest of Wall Street was crumpling. Overall, the vacation days are decent, good health benefits, fairly young crowd. Work hours stick to a 9-5 parameter.

ConsVery unstable, no growth or opportunity for most workers. Management don't know how to manage, there is very low or no moral. HR is almost do not exsist. There is no cohesiveness or integregration, each department is in its own world. The RIS group is ran like a muck, they do their own things, have their own cake & coffee hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should allow growth & opportunity for your employees. They need to hire or lay off the right people, they should not lay off top, quality workers. I have seen many top, quality people get lay off. They need to wake up & smell the coffee.

Needs to be more innovative and focus on diversity

Underwriting (Former Employee)
Chicago, IL

I worked at Allianz full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Global opportunities, strong global brand Cons: - A global company that lacks any type of ethnic diversity in the US, particularly at the leadership level, and has no focus on diversity.… Advice to Senior Management: Create a diversity program. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Internship at Allianz - a good start

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Budapest, MO

I worked at Allianz as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Your ideas are heard and your contributions are valued. Colleagues… Cons: There is no formal training for interns. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Allianz.

Worked for Allianz? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Allianz reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Allianz CEO Michael Diekmann. All reviews posted anonymously by Allianz employees.