Allianz

www.allianz.com
  www.allianz.com
There are newer employer reviews for Allianz

Great Company, Department needs improvement...

Former Employee - Annuity New Business Case Manager in Golden Valley, MN
Former Employee - Annuity New Business Case Manager in Golden Valley, MN

I worked at Allianz full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The Company itself was great, great benefits, great cafeterias (choice of two), great training and self improvement opportunities.

Cons

The particular department I was in or the company, I'm not sure which...promoted people without degrees because it was cheaper. Advanced degrees and outside the company work experience were not recognized for promotions. This may sound as if I was passed up for a promotion...but I wasn't I never applied for anything as nothing of interest to me was posted. Hiring is on the downward slide due to poor annuity business. In the 2 years I was there, I had 3 managers, none had previous management experience or degrees. This lead to poor management, immaturity and teams without direction.

Less meetings and special projects for management so that they can address personnel issues and training. Don't delegate personnel issues to team members without the experience or education to mentor others. Hire project management specialists to run projects rather than management that should be managing employees and the department.

112 Other Employee Reviews for Allianz (View Most Recent)

Don't work for this company, at least not in the US.

I worked at Allianz full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The company in the US finally has a vision that positions the lines of businesses to go to market as a single entity.

Cons

**Poor systems and overall IT infrastructure
    **Some managers are incompetent and shouldn't be managing people. In certain circumstances, they have an "in" with the good ol boys" club, allowing them to be managers

Get rid of the good ol' boys club and position people based on their true skills. The current set up cab be demoralizing and zap employees' energy.

Never know when your through

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Allianz as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Decent salary. Nice building. Gym is fantastic, nice but expensive dining facilities. Child care is also nice but expensive

Cons

Overall, it was a horrible working experience. Zero chance for growth or even a raise if your there under 5 years. Automatically hired on as a temp, so your basically their slave. As a temp, you seldom get work reviews, if ever. Then, with no notice, they can and frequently do fire you, and don't let you get back your personal belongings. Management is rude. Impossible to contact people in HR. completely unrealistic expectations of their employees. How they get onto Forbes top 100 places to work is beyond me and everyone else that works there!

Lose the temp agencies, treat your employees like humans, and open your eyes to the world around you

There are newer employer reviews for Allianz