There are newer employer reviews for Allianz

Great Company, Department needs improvement...

Former Employee - Annuity New Business Case Manager in Golden Valley, MN
Former Employee - Annuity New Business Case Manager in Golden Valley, MN

I worked at Allianz full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Company itself was great, great benefits, great cafeterias (choice of two), great training and self improvement opportunities.

Cons

The particular department I was in or the company, I'm not sure which...promoted people without degrees because it was cheaper. Advanced degrees and outside the company work experience were not recognized for promotions. This may sound as if I was passed up for a promotion...but I wasn't I never applied for anything as nothing of interest to me was posted. Hiring is on the downward slide due to poor annuity business. In the 2 years I was there, I had 3 managers, none had previous management experience or degrees. This lead to poor management, immaturity and teams without direction.

Advice to Management

Less meetings and special projects for management so that they can address personnel issues and training. Don't delegate personnel issues to team members without the experience or education to mentor others. Hire project management specialists to run projects rather than management that should be managing employees and the department.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Don't work for this company, at least not in the US.

I worked at Allianz full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The company in the US finally has a vision that positions the lines of businesses to go to market as a single entity.

Cons

**Poor systems and overall IT infrastructure
    **Some managers are incompetent and shouldn't be managing people. In certain circumstances, they have an "in" with the good ol boys" club, allowing them to be managers

Advice to Management

Get rid of the good ol' boys club and position people based on their true skills. The current set up cab be demoralizing and zap employees' energy.

An authentic experience

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Allianz full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people really practice the company credo of "be true in everything you do". Not only are the people authentic, but they are caring, considerate, intelligent, positive, and great to work with.

Cons

While the organization is HUGE globally, there may be limited opportunities in some career paths depending on your willingness and ability to move around. If you're a dynamic individual that knows how to leverage your skills into different areas of the business, you can easily overcome that obstacle.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you're doing. It's a great place to work!