Admissions Department at Allied American University

Former Employee - Admissions Specialist  in  Laguna Hills, CA
Former Employee - Admissions Specialist in Laguna Hills, CA

I worked at Allied American University full-time for more than a year

Pros

They Pay pretty good, but do not expect a raise. There is a "freeze" on raises and it never thaws. Negotiate the highest pay rate you can during the interview process.

Cons

Micro Management is alive and kicking at AAU and they take it to a whole new level. You can not even leave your desk to go to the rest room without asking permission from your supervisor. They treat the admissions personnel with a great deal of disrespect. Average length of employment at AAU is one year or less.

Treat your employees with the respect they deserve EVERYDAY. Re-think your choice for Director of Admissions.

Other Reviews for Allied American University

Allied is a great place to work.

Current Employee - Admissions  in  Laguna Hills, CA
    Current Employee - Admissions in Laguna Hills, CA

I have been working at Allied American University full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Allied is a family owned school and the admissions department is a tight nit group. The benefits are fair and you are able to move up in the company based on the work you put in. They also try to fit employees in different departments if the original department isn't a perfect fit for your skills. I appreciate a company that looks for ways to keep you employed and happy with your job.

Cons

Medical benefits are a bit expensive when considering adding additional family members

Love working here!

Current Employee - Admissions Representative  in  Laguna Hills, CA
    Current Employee - Admissions Representative in Laguna Hills, CA

Pros

AAU is a great company. They are really growing and we can all see there is a ton of opportunity for career growth here now and in the years to come. If you work hard, management recognizes and rewards you through awards and promotions. I am surprised by the other feedback. I know most of the employees are satisfied with their jobs and have worked here for years. There are people that have worked here for 7, 9, 10 + years! Yes, there is some turnover, but mainly just people that don't have what it takes to cut it. I think management does a great job of creating fun contests for the staff, they provide regular consistent feedback to help you improve in your position.

Cons

Facilities need to be updated, medical benefits could be more affordable and I wish they would give us paid days off on the day after Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve.

We all love the "extra's" that happen to help boost employee morale. The ice cream truck, bbq's and parties are fun and makes it a more enjoyable place to work so do them more often. We need new desks, chairs, updated bathrooms, kitchen, etc. We need to have a company party! This would be a great opportunity for all the departments to get together outside of work with their families and get to know each other better.

There are newer employer reviews for Allied American University.

Worked for Allied American University? Contribute to the Community!