Unorganisiert-überorganisiert Disorganized-overorganized

I worked at Allied Telesis full-time

(Translated from English)

Pros

Nette Leute auf Mitarbeiterebene

nice people on the work level

Cons

hektisches Umstrukturierung alle 12 bis 18 Monate; keine Zeit Strategien zu implementieren; keine Glaubwürdigkeit gegenüber Partnern aufgrund der kontinuierlichen Umstrukturierung, schlechtes Management

hectic reorganizations every 12 to 18 months; no time to implement strategies; no credibility towards partners due to continous reorganizations, poor management

Advice to Management

Geben Sie den Leuten Zeit, eine neue Strategie erfolgreich zu implementieren! Entlassen Sie einige der inkompetenten Manager

give peolple time to implement a new strategy successfully! Remove some of the incompetent managers

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. It is what you make it.

I have been working at Allied Telesis full-time

Pros

I've been at Allied for quite a long time and have seen it go through many changes. While I can relate to some of the preceding complaints and comments below, I think Allied is what you make of it. Although the company is large in the overall scale with 40+ sites around the globe, it is very easy to make a name for yourself and become a key player. If you do not become a key player, don't expect a raise or promotion. If you lazily show up and do a half-ass job, don't expect regular salary increases or reviews. This company has a very different culture than most. You must make demands and prove why your demands must be met to improve and grow at this company. The ones I see that rise to the top are those who push hard and show their worth.

Cons

Like mentioned above, yes, there are a lot of negatives to how things function, but if you are able to work around them and push yourself to be productive and make a name for yourself, you can succeed and enjoy what you do.

Advice to Management

There is an upper management employee in particular that is systematically burning bridges and letting the wrong people go just so he can look like he knows what he is doing. I don't believe he knows what he is doing. He is a bully with all bark and no bite and is simply hurtful to the company. He should not hold any power, yet he is given more each day.

wouldn't recommend

I have been working at Allied Telesis full-time

Pros

Nice co-workers, free breakfast on Fridays. That's it.

Cons

Depending on what you are looking for in the company. Some people like it here. But here the cons:
    -Very "unstructured" organization. Other managers or senior managers can rule over and give you more work, and the worst part is nobody care about that. You have to stand up for yourself.
    -The management let people leave the company and don't replace them. Making the work even harder for existing employees.
    -If you want to stay working here, just go with the motion: hard work forever without appreciation
    -No performance review.
    -Very low compensation, even though they say there would be raise in the future.
    Overall, I wouldn't recommend this company.

Advice to Management

It's hopeless. Nobody want to change.