Allied Wire & Cable

www.awcwire.com

Management is a minus at this company.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Collegeville, PA

ProsA great place to come in at entry-level, gain some experience, and use as a stepping stone to a better opportunity. Best for independent thinkers who can self-motivate and figure out how to side-step restrictive policies. Company supports a lot of perks for salesmen to offer customers to incentivize buying: sports tickets, gift cards, etc.

ConsManagement is stuck in the 1950s in terms of political correctness. Expect to be offended if you are not a white straight male. Sales management prefers intimidation to motivation. Sales goals and achievement tiers are changed at a moment's notice, no recourse. Salesman commissions are split with the house at every opportunity.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would benefit this organization to invest in professional management training as well as cultural sensitivity training for it's management staff in all departments, and owners.

Great Opportunity

I have been working at Allied Wire & Cable

Pros: Allied is growing so I can see that there is some growing pains in much of the infrastructure, but I think it is all good.… Cons: The growth can be hard to handle for anyone who wants to just punch a clock every day, not for those who want to coast. Need… Advice to Senior Management: As the company grows, the changes that need to happen may not be so obvious to those who have been here for a… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

OK but look elsewhere for the future

Account Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at Allied Wire & Cable

Pros: -Great entry level position -They provide you with many tools to become a good salesman -If you stick… Cons: -Terrible PTO (vacation days dont carry over) -Too many managers that have too much time to nit pick your work. -Endless meetings that waste valuable… Advice to Senior Management: Allied is a an OK place to work but could be a great place with some tweeking. Management… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Allied Wire & Cable.

Worked for Allied Wire & Cable? Contribute to the Community!