There are newer employer reviews for AlliedBarton

High turnover for a reason

Current Employee - Security Officer in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Security Officer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at AlliedBarton

Pros

Above average compensation for security field
Free professional development and certifications
Pro-military/Pro-veteran
Senior site supervisors on down to security officers are usually high quality
Kaiser available to officers who work 2 months and meet deadlines for form submission
SEIU, so regular raises
Violence, firearms, harassment and physical abuse are uncommon and highly discouraged
Diversity, except for handicapped people, is encouraged.
Incident reports get things changed when conditions are unsafe
Higher management usually solves problems when officers go over account managers' heads

Cons

Lazy account management passes the buck if they can't look good to district managers for doing it
Poor leadership at account manager level means BS and CYA up and down so district, client, and officer are kept in dark about critical information
Site supervisors often do both account management and officer jobs for officer pay
Anti-union/anti-employee/Anti-officer culture
Aggressive male-dominated culture masked with corporate identity does not encourage female and/or intelligent leadership
No breaks unless demanded
No time off unless form filled out and demanded
No schedule flexibility for flex officers unless earned and demanded
No health insurance for a year after 2 months if slim deadline isn't met
Management censors incident reports that reflect poorly on company, even if concerning important client issues
Fax-based system using copies of copies of forms not available to officers unless demanded

Stop bullshitting your clients and playing games.
Be honest with everyone, especially yourself, even if it means losing bad accounts.
Lose the detex patrols across the board and plan each site's schedule down to the quarter hour so officers stay busy, get their breaks, and aren't resentful of maangement distrust.
Advocate for your officers as well as clients so you earn their trust.
Keep the holier than thou executive attitudes to yourself, you are not special or irreplaceable just because you get paid more.
Do everything in your power to take care of your "internal customers" from the bottom up.
Do "DARE to be Great" rather than just saying it by celebrating officers more often than your celebrate yourselves.
Work with officers at each account site you manage and take your job seriously so that officers believe you are more competent than them at every role, at each site you manage.
Stop acting like you are god's gift to corporate management and act more like a senior NCO in a combat zone. (IE Stop chatting and farting around and bring me the ammo I need)
Lead from the front.

496 Other Employee Reviews for AlliedBarton (View Most Recent)

Terrible place to work.

Current Employee - Security Officer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at AlliedBarton

Pros

Easy, anyone could be a security officer.
    Multiple locations, it would be fairly easy to relocate.

Cons

AlliedBarton does not recognize any additional training. I work at a small site, the three officers at the bottom of the totem pole have college education while the others at the top do not. Hours are random, I work several different shifts each week and I do not have a set schedule. Supervisors are on the edge and willing to push you for no reason other than to please a client. I have noticed my supervisor does not admit when he is wrong, he just tries to cover it up.

Management should regard their employees as their most valuable resource. I feel like all management cares about is making money. Sites should be required to have set shifts.

Once you've put in your time at Allied Barton leave the company.

Current Employee - Security Officer in Jersey City, NJ
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Jersey City, NJ

I have been working at AlliedBarton

Pros

Good way to gain experience. Especially if you're pursuing a career in law enforcement. Also, having work experience with the company may look good on a resume.

Cons

Low pay, inept account managers, little or no advancement opportunities, and no respect for seniority. I've been working part-time with the company since May of last year even though I've been with the company since 2008. There were a number of full-time openings I could've filled. However, I did not get any of the available positions. Instead they were given to new hires. Also, there seems to be a company culture at Allied where failure among managers is rewarded and professionalism along with initiative from security officers is ignored.

Hire professionals for your management and supervisory positions. Also, give advancement opportunities to officers that have earned them.

There are newer employer reviews for AlliedBarton