There are newer employer reviews for AlliedBarton

Big is better !

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Operations Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at AlliedBarton

Pros

Technology is well spread out across the company in an industry not know for this . Most field supervisors have air card so are in contact 24/7.

Big company so we do not worry about getting paid or working with folks not legally qualified to work.

very concerned with recuiting the right folks for the right job.

Good HR checks and balances additionally there are possibilities for growth as well as transfer.

Proud to be a part of the Blackstone Group

Cons

We just get basic benefits, most driven by clients and contract.

Stick to your Stategic Plan, training should be a priority. Look for aqusitions in this economic downturn. Leverage Blackstone relationship.

492 Other Employee Reviews for AlliedBarton (View Most Recent)

A run of the mill job, not a career.

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Seattle, WA

I have been working at AlliedBarton

Pros

Security (in general, not just AlliedBarton) is a great job if you are in a particular situation. If you are going to school it is a great job because most (but not all) sites give you time to study which frees up a lot of time to do other things away from work. If you are retired it is a great source of additonal income and in general you can get a site that will not over tax you. Other than that you should look at a different line of work because working security isn't a career, it is a dead end.

Cons

Changes in the people you work for or the places you work change suddenly with no warning. Policies also change suddenly with no warning.

I am a business major, I would love it if you had some form of internship that I could take to move into management with the company. You don't have anything like that, so when I graduate next year I will be leaving the company. You will lose a person with over a decade of security of experience as well as one who has a management and operations education.

Don't expect professionalism

Former Employee - Administrative Coordinator in Burlington, MA
    Former Employee - Administrative Coordinator in Burlington, MA

I worked at AlliedBarton

Pros

If you can attain a Contractor position, with a well established client company, then it may be worth some of the dissatisfaction you'll encounter with the Alliedbarton management.

Cons

The Account Managers are not held to today's standards regarding "zero tolerance" on key issues.

Do reference checks on the people you hire to ensure they don't have a track record leaning toward deviant behaviors.
    Once an issue arises and the Manager admits to deviant behavior and tries to say he was "joking' get rid of him (or her). It reflects poorly on upper management to keep that kind of person in a management position.

There are newer employer reviews for AlliedBarton