There are newer employer reviews for AlliedBarton

The company itself will always treat you right.

Current Employee - Security Officer in Denver, CO

I have been working at AlliedBarton full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Allied Barton is a national company with Big and Small clients. They don't nickel and dime you for every little thing. There standards are respectable and job duties can vary greatly. Plenty of room for training and moving up.

Cons

As with most large companies, personal connection with them can lack unless you go out of your way to make yourself know. (preferably in a good way.) Also, with any job, It is not immune to personality differences. I have had problems with direct supervisors, but the company has always taken care of me.

Advice to Management

Increase regular district site inspection to make sure officers are holding to Allied Barton's standards. Particularly the appearance standards.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Worst decision ever

Former Employee - Security Officer in New Haven, CT
    Former Employee - Security Officer in New Haven, CT

I worked at AlliedBarton full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They hire just about anyone, so if you really need a job, these people will probably hire you, but with that being said, most the people you work with/for will be the laziest most incompetent people you will ever deal with.

Cons

Completely and utterly disorganized. Took over a month and a half for paychecks to be correct. When it came to training, it was terrible. We (me and the other new hires) were suppose to be trained by a trainer within 2 weeks of hire, never happened. 2 months later the site manager finally came to the site, demanding we sign paperwork stating we were trained on certain issues such as emergency evacuations (the guy that demanded us to sign paperwork, was suppose to be our trainer/site manager...didnt even show up to the site til we had been there for 2 months!). I hold myself to a standard, and I refuse to sign legal paperwork holding myself liable, god forbid something happened, so I handed in my 2 weeks notice. Worst work experience ever.

Advice to Management

Learn to do your job.

2. Allied Barton

Current Employee - Security Officer in Denver, CO

I have been working at AlliedBarton full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good training, online and in person. Office staff cares about their Officers and making sure everything is A-Ok at the sites. Ample opportunity to grow with in the company.

Cons

A bit quick to accept contracts w/o proper review. No real health insurance package.

Advice to Management

Make Officer health care a priority in fuure contract negotiations.