AlliedBarton

www.alliedbarton.com
  www.alliedbarton.com
There are newer employer reviews for AlliedBarton

Nothing exciting or very demanding. Consistent fairly easy work.

Former Employee - Security Guard in Columbia, MO
Former Employee - Security Guard in Columbia, MO

I worked at AlliedBarton full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Easy, downtime to do other things, not much experience required, Lots of training offered.

Cons

Uniforms, Training can be oversimplified and a waste of time, not much creative thinking involved.

Have the training not feel like it was made for monkeys, make it feel like you've really gained a set of knowledge in the field of study instead of a "Security for Dummies" book.

550 Other Employee Reviews for AlliedBarton (View Most Recent)

Welcome to the Goat Circus

Current Employee - Security Officer in West Palm Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Security Officer in West Palm Beach, FL

I have been working at AlliedBarton full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Terriffic support from the client/customer.

Cons

A company business model that infects the entire organization, right down to the officers on duty. Semi-annual (or less frequent) "training" meetings. Where we are regaled with smoke and snake oil blown up our collective asses, of how great Allied Barton is, of how fortunate we are to work for Allied Barton. Of how the clients consistantly rate Allied Barton, 10 of 10. Of how our particular client rates us beyond 10 of 10, and how WE THE UNIFORMED OFFICERS are responsible for the high rating, yet we are not worth what we are being paid. Aside from our assigned (as described in the "post orders") duties, it falls back to the officer on duty to pick up the slack that management neglects. DWA's are regularly sent to our site with no idea of what their duties are, what they need to bring (ie. food, water, sun or insect protection), and most often sent to the wrong location. The regular officer on duty has no forwarning a DWA is coming or what to do with him/her when they arrive. Result; most often the officer on duty has the attitude "it's not my problem". Despite years of begging management for logistical support, the DWA, through no fault of his/her own, is left to fend for himself. Often we, the regular officers on duty, go into our own pockets to provide basic needs (ie. water, insect repellent, shade canopies).

Stop with the horse crap! We don't need your cheap pins, buttons, year old certificates for Officer of the Month, woop woops, and ataboys. All of that and $3.50 will almost by a gallon of gasoline. Give us the tools we need to fulfill YOUR contract, or just get out of the way, so we can, given our limited resources.

Too many chief's, not enough Indians.

Current Employee - Security Officer in Corpus Christi, TX
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Corpus Christi, TX

I have been working at AlliedBarton full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Always have work.
    Low stress job if "bosses" aren't around.
    Meet a lot of people.

Cons

PAY. Just above minimum wage at a hospital?
    Lots of infighting and mini squabbles dealing with "rank".
    Clients don't understand what it is an s/o does.
    Some of those people you meet life's goal is to mess you over.
    Never expect to get trained properly for a site because there will always be something wrong with a report.
    This list can ho on for a while.

Take better care of your everyday security officers. If not with pay then make sure there isn't any little Hitler supervisors micro-managing everything.

There are newer employer reviews for AlliedBarton