AlliedBarton

There are newer employer reviews for AlliedBarton

employment

Current Employee - Security Officer in San Antonio, TX
Current Employee - Security Officer in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at AlliedBarton full-time (more than a year)

Pros

easy hiring, small raise after 6 months if your told about it.

Cons

Management here in San Antonio could use some training, I worked for a year covering shifts when other officers were late constantly, I never called in 1 yr never late, no absences. When I asked to move to another shift since the web site showed elig the manager refused to let me move to another site with higher pay because it would mean I would no longer be on his accts. I took that as holding me back because I was good.

if the clients have specific managers that watch and have weekly meetings supposedly, obviously They are not being honest. Since one of the other operations manager asked why I was quitting and I told nobody wanted to give me a chance on their contracts. He said it was never brought up, which is exactly my point. you lose good employees due to fraudulent manager.

633 Other Employee Reviews for AlliedBarton (View Most Recent)

Shady company with lack of growth

Former Employee - Security Officer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Security Officer in New York, NY

I worked at AlliedBarton full-time (more than a year)

Pros

If you smile at upper management, they will give you an opportunity for almost any assignment. Having free uniforms is another good thing, with some store discounts if they tell you which stores to go to for the benefit.

Cons

Only half of the company is unionized, so when they threaten you wrongfully and don't pay you, you'll have to consult matters with the very young and incompetent human resources Department. The accounts managers feel and act invisible to being reprimanded for poor management. Not only will they destroy your pay, but they can even effect your taxes. Very shady company with people not even advancing after 20 years. Now I'm with a union, with better pay, and growth as well. They have no back up either. Very shady company, keep your eyes open for better after your first year to six months with the company.

The quality of your company will grow if you treat your employees with expectations for growth. Even if you're hiring someone from the streets when you said FJC does this, give them the motivation toward wanting more out of the job (just over broke) opportunity that you're giving them as a profession.

Welcome to the Goat Circus

Current Employee - Security Officer in West Palm Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Security Officer in West Palm Beach, FL

I have been working at AlliedBarton full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Terriffic support from the client/customer.

Cons

A company business model that infects the entire organization, right down to the officers on duty. Semi-annual (or less frequent) "training" meetings. Where we are regaled with smoke and snake oil blown up our collective asses, of how great Allied Barton is, of how fortunate we are to work for Allied Barton. Of how the clients consistantly rate Allied Barton, 10 of 10. Of how our particular client rates us beyond 10 of 10, and how WE THE UNIFORMED OFFICERS are responsible for the high rating, yet we are not worth what we are being paid. Aside from our assigned (as described in the "post orders") duties, it falls back to the officer on duty to pick up the slack that management neglects. DWA's are regularly sent to our site with no idea of what their duties are, what they need to bring (ie. food, water, sun or insect protection), and most often sent to the wrong location. The regular officer on duty has no forwarning a DWA is coming or what to do with him/her when they arrive. Result; most often the officer on duty has the attitude "it's not my problem". Despite years of begging management for logistical support, the DWA, through no fault of his/her own, is left to fend for himself. Often we, the regular officers on duty, go into our own pockets to provide basic needs (ie. water, insect repellent, shade canopies).

Stop with the horse crap! We don't need your cheap pins, buttons, year old certificates for Officer of the Month, woop woops, and ataboys. All of that and $3.50 will almost by a gallon of gasoline. Give us the tools we need to fulfill YOUR contract, or just get out of the way, so we can, given our limited resources.

There are newer employer reviews for AlliedBarton