There are newer employer reviews for AlliedBarton

Former Account Manager

I worked at AlliedBarton

Pros

Competitive salary, with ok benifits

Cons

Always understaffed and quality people are hard to come by

Pay a bit more and you may be able to retain good people.

reviews filtered by

Heat Safety

Current Employee - Security Officer in West Palm Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Security Officer in West Palm Beach, FL

I have been working at AlliedBarton full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Latest Allied Barton post on Facebook. Sensible tips for working in the heat.

Cons

For the most part, simply rehashed statements culled from other sources. I learned as much from "health class" in the fourth grade, (circa 1959).

Don't dress your officers in black and dark blue uniforms, then post them OUTSIDE in the Florida sun! No provision for shade, No water, No creature necessities! When officers, with experience, attempt to provide these needs for themselves, don't order them not to! For the three and 1/2 years I have been an A B employee I, and others on this site, have suggested, cajoled, begged, pleaded, for proper weather protection. A too small, dollar store rain coat, is of little value after one is soaked to the skin. If, in the fulfillment of your duties, you become ill and are unable to work for several days, "OH WELL" sucks to be you. There are NO sick days. On the site where I work there are regularly scheduled events, quarterly, semi-annually, and annually. The reason for these "events" is to prepare for the inevitable! WEATHER EVENTS!!!! Obviously (from my experience, and the observations of A B officers throughout the country), the A B "BUSINESS MODEL" is the uniformed officer is as valuable as last weeks newspaper. Management is too stupid, incompetent, or obtuse, to recognize the obvious. LEAD, FOLLOW, OR GET OUT OF THE WAY!

2. Stable Job

Current Employee - Security Guard in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Security Guard in Detroit, MI

I have been working at AlliedBarton full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Stable job, reasonably supportive management staff. Online training provides solid background for every facet of security guard experience. Paid sick days and some major holidays (federal) paid.

Cons

Little/no advancement opportunities. Insurance isn't widely accepted and doesn't cover much. Cheap uniforms don't hold up over time.

Create a path of advancement for guards once they've passed the 3-5 year range of employment.

There are newer employer reviews for AlliedBarton