Loyalty buys you nothing

Former Employee - Account Manager  in  Boston, MA
Former Employee - Account Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at AlliedBarton full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

In the position of Account Manger there is of course a steady paycheck and the freedom to operate the site as you see fit (within guidlines of course). Essentially you are allowed to run the site your way so long as it is within the bounds of the contract. The company becomes then, a resource rather than a watchdog. That freedom was good.

The benefits are industry standard for Contract services. The Management plans were actually fairly good. The line officer offerrings were horific. So its a Pro if you are a manager and a con if you are not.

Cons

Absolutely no company loyalty towards anyone working in the field. The drawback to contract security companies is and always will be the fact that you are not important. You are a necassary evil and can be replaced by anyone they deem fit. After 9 years of loyalty to the company I was laid off for precisely 11 months and then rehired at a 30% reduction in pay and my benefits reset to zero. Isn't it interesting that the company standard is to reinstate employees to previous levels if they are rehired within a years time? After 1 year you start over. More fascinating is that I applied for equivalent positions 6 times in theat year and was never granted an interview.

Line staff is important. Stop neglecting them! I left your company 2 years ago and remember exacltly how I was treated. Now you send sales force to my account to woo me? Really? Thanks for the free lunches but I need a provdor that treats it's employees humanely.

Other Reviews for AlliedBarton

It was Oookay

Former Employee - Security Officer  in  Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Security Officer in Orlando, FL

I worked at AlliedBarton full-time for more than a year

Pros

Had a steady position at 1 post for 8 months.

Cons

Contract on my post was lost out of the blue.So no real security in security.No raises,Benefits suck,

Need better benefits,Better account managers,better communication with employees,better pay structure,Raises,better everything.

an experience not worth it

I worked at AlliedBarton

Pros

its not a contract position. you can quit at anytime

Cons

management treets its employees badly.... there is alot of drama among employees. Overall a TERRIBLE place to work. oh yeah their benefits not worth it

There are newer employer reviews for AlliedBarton.

Worked for AlliedBarton? Contribute to the Community!