AlliedBarton

There are newer employer reviews for AlliedBarton

Horrible company

Former Employee - Security Officer in Alexandria, VA
Former Employee - Security Officer in Alexandria, VA

I worked at AlliedBarton as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

There aren't really any pros to working at AlliedBarton. AlliedBarton is for immigrants who have no high school education or above and can barely speak english. I can't believe this company is around. I don't expect them to be around any longer with the way it is run.

Cons

This is a horribly managed company. They say they will give you training but they don't. They even take money out of your paycheck to pay for training they say that they will give you and they don't give it to you. There is horrible communication between the supervisor and account manager and the employees. The supervisor and account manager never answer your calls or text messages. I couldn't believe how crooked the supervisors are. My supervisor was stealing multiple days worth of pay from my paycheck!!!!!!!!!! The people who work for this company are all immigrants who have NO education and can barely speak english. They are all crooked! The payments are all done by hand by the supervisor who steals money multiple days worth of pay from your paycheck! They tell you that you have 3 months to get your DCJS liscense upon them hiring you. They take $75 out of your paycheck for the class they "say" they will sign you up for but NEVER do!!!! After three months are over they fire you because you didn't take their DCJS class that they would never sign you up for no matter how many times you asked them too. Then after the supervisor steals HALF of you pay for the 3 months you worked there, they let you go and bring in new people to steal from them. And this cycle continues. These people in charge of this company are crooked scumbags.

Don't hire crooked immigrants who steal employees money!!!!!!!!

526 Other Employee Reviews for AlliedBarton (View Most Recent)

If account managers would "Dare To Be Great"!

Former Employee - Security Officer in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Security Officer in Denver, CO

I worked at AlliedBarton full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good entry level career with chance for advancement (due to high turnover).
    The CORPORATE philosophies and policies are AWESOME and would be a good business model for ANY business!

Cons

Mid-management (account supervisors and managers) at a number of sites in the Denver area have no care nor concern for the "Dare To Be Great" philosophies and will flout AB policy at will. Favoritism, pettiness, seeing SO's as nothing but a warm body to fill a schedule, having more concern for saving pennies than SAFETY or employee morale, these demigods have forgotten the AB policy that AB officers are INTERNAL CUSTOMERS and should be treated with respect! I watched helplessly as one good officer after another 'jumped ship' all due to a insecure and unconcerned account supervisor. When I respectfully brought concerns to his attention, he made our lives an even greater hell! When, following AlliedBarton policy, I brought the officers' concerns to the District level, I was terminated (over an 'infraction' that doesn't even appear in the AB Disciplinary Matrix (again, the flouting of AB policies and procedures). When you read the other negative reviews on AlliedBarton, there is a common denominator - Account Supervisors that don't adhere to AlliedBarton policies and procedures.

Train account supervisors to respect their 'underlings' and promote or at least ABIDE BY AB policies and procedures.
    District managers need to talk with the officers on the ground to get the REAL story of what's going on at each site.

Management without vision

Former Employee - Shift Supervisor in Oakland, CA
    Former Employee - Shift Supervisor in Oakland, CA

I worked at AlliedBarton full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Easy, pay check on time, a lot of overtime...

Cons

Dead end job, No reorganization of talent, A@# kissing people posted as a mgmt.
    Ego & power trip play more role than common sense.

If leading officer lead in a wrong direction,entire crew will be in a wrong direction.

There are newer employer reviews for AlliedBarton