There are newer employer reviews for AlliedBarton

Great

Former Employee - Human Resources in New York, NY
Former Employee - Human Resources in New York, NY

I worked at AlliedBarton full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good work ethics, they teach employees the value of time and time management
Proper Training

Cons

Some positions are outside in extreme weather

492 Other Employee Reviews for AlliedBarton (View Most Recent)

its a ok place too work.

I worked at AlliedBarton

Pros

most all the posts they have are cool and layback and overtime is lovely

Cons

they are cheap what i mean is dey dnt pay no more den 10

No career here

Former Employee - Security Guard in Hoffman Estates, IL
    Former Employee - Security Guard in Hoffman Estates, IL

I worked at AlliedBarton full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Easy job depending on site you work at

If you can breath your hired- funny considering we protect critical infrastructure so much for homeland security

You will realize the less you do, the less you say, the less you care the better off you are; for many people that have these qualities Allied Barton is the ideal place for you.

Pray your at an union site!

I moved on from a job in security, to a career in law enforcement. Allied Barton had nothing to do with it. Thank goodness!

Cons

Please no one has all day to read the list I could provide.
    Anything con you can imagine has taken place at this company; I've seen first hand at AB harassment, racism, discrimination, poverty pay, unequal distribution of work, ill equipped and trained, and dealing with horrible/angry people while being powerless to do anything about them, the list goes on.

Mr. Whitmore, "you said antiquated notions of low skilled security officers have long been pushed aside. Today’s security officer receives state-of-the-art training." ???????????

I now view you as a man in a clown suit! Where was our state of the art training facility = O there is none. Where any of our training staff former law enforcement or military personnel teaching us how to affectively do our job= O there was none.

Antiquated notions- give me a break more than half our your employee population sit on top of high school degree's with little economic value. There is no skill involved in being a security officer. There is skill in learning how to deal effectively with AB's daily bs or the security industries daily bs, because it doesn't change no matter what company you go to in your industry.

There is no skill in being a security officer because there is no professional institution that trains the guards. No 400 hours of academy training, no hands on training facilities, little to no management with actual military experience, law enforcement experience, or vision. Very little State or Federal mandates requiring security companies to take any training seriously.

For goodness sake were you not a police officer Bill?
    The security industry is based on the outdated models of 1920 political era policing concepts. And, you expect your guards to be state of the art? See something say something.... Well I see a real antiquated notion right here, do something about it.
    Or did you get into security because you cared more about the money than the people we get to help when you duties are performed correctly. Or did you get into it because you couldn't hack it out in the streets as a daily target for criminals, because I'm starting to think you've forgotten what it is like to be in our shoes, as daily targets.
    As it stands you seem like a person more interested in writing your books for the public, and making outlandishly overrated comments to keep your share holders happy.

Where is the straw because someone is trying to blow sunshine where it doesn't exist.
    You and your top most executives do know there are plenty of guards who actually hold intelligence, high level educations, or have moved into higher level positions, its easy to see the lye for what it is, so stop it. Guards exist to be as others have said, the whipping boy, fallout boy, and person to point the finger at.

Security is a big hypocrisy.If SHTF at any so called privately secured site, short of companies like Blackwater, critical infrastructure wouldn't stand a snowballs chance in hell. I laugh with guards who have told me, "we are like the bomb squad , if you see us running you had better catch the heck up!"

I wasn't going to lay my life on the line for 9.50 an hour, unarmed, with zero hands-on-training, working with guards who are 70 years old-barley able to remember what took place yesterday or able to walk. Many of your current guards still wont, even if they are armed.

Wake up, smell the coffee, and develop some common sense.

There are newer employer reviews for AlliedBarton