There are newer employer reviews for AlliedBarton

I'm not satisfied working with this company. I have seen alot of discrepencies in this company and things that are wrong

Current Employee - Grave Shift Security Officer  in  Hayward, CA
Current Employee - Grave Shift Security Officer in Hayward, CA

I have been working at AlliedBarton full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I really don't have positive things to say to say, only that some of my co-workers are friendly and I get along with them well. My management have turned a blind eye to our work site.

Cons

My co-workers arrive late to work causing me inconvenience. No raises given to me in over 5 years of service.

Please enforce the policy of officers arriving to work on time. I have been relieved, frequently, late.

459 Other Employee Reviews for AlliedBarton (View Most Recent)

It's just a job no long term goals

Former Employee - Security Officer  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Security Officer in Atlanta, GA

I worked at AlliedBarton part-time for less than a year

Pros

Steady work, ok accounts, good off days

Cons

24 hour training without pay, Working lunch breaks, horrible account manager, some positions are outside in all weather conditions without proper equipment.

Needs to boost the officer spirits

A company that is interested in its bottom line and not providing quality jobs or opportunity for workers.

Current Employee - Security Officer  in  Scranton, PA
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Scranton, PA

I have been working at AlliedBarton as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

1. For many sites the company often puts effort into hiring good people.
    2. The company provides informative online training programs in various aspects of security field work as well as the business aspect of security.
    3. Given the nature of many of the companies accounts, it can be a good entry level company for people with little experience.
    4. Transfer opportunities are available in and to many states in the lower 48.

Cons

1. Low end pay for workers is brought on by severely underbidding contracts to get clients.
    2. For many sites, on the job training hours are paid at or slightly above minimum wage regardless of the persons regular pay rate.
    3. Horrific, down right pathetic benefits package.
    4. Hard to keep good workers due to the poor pay scale and poor benefits.
    5. Problems or issues with pay checks can often be a problem to get fixed.
    6. Little room for advancement in local markets and transfers to other locations can be a difficult process due to poor communication between various account managers and regional home offices.
    7. Lackluster and absent minded account managers combined with the companies need to over regulate and complicate simple things often limits the abilities of site supervisors to manage staff effectively.
    8. Company equipment and uniforms provided are poor quality and when the items fall apart replacements take forever to be received.
    9. The companies policies and standings regarding detainment of unlawful offenders often leaves workers at high risk sites vulnerable to actionable criminal and civil litigation with little or no assistance from the companies legal department.
    10. It seems that officer safety is always a distant second to the profitability of an account.

Just because profits are good doesn't mean your company is on stable ground. Start biding contracts at better rates and start listening to the concerns of employees.

There are newer employer reviews for AlliedBarton

Worked for AlliedBarton? Contribute to the Community!