AlliedBarton

My experience

Former Employee - District Manager in Cincinnati, OH
Former Employee - District Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at AlliedBarton

Pros

I was satisfied with employment at AB. I was give the opportunity to grow and advance. The regional management I dealt with was excellent. The corporate staff was sometimes difficult but there was a lot of turnover due to acquisitions. The company grew from 18,000 employees to 50,000 in the seven years I was there.

Cons

Due to the growth there was constant change. AS the company grew outside people were brought into the corporate structure. They didn't always understand the business. The legal department was known as the sales prevention department.

Slow the growth, you're not Securitas and nobody wants to be.

549 Other Employee Reviews for AlliedBarton (View Most Recent)

The boss does not care about you.

Current Employee - The Worst Place to Work in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - The Worst Place to Work in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at AlliedBarton

Pros

The job was easy to get.

Cons

The management treats you like trash. They don't give you time off. No advancement opportunity.

Go out of your way to help your employees.

AlliedBarton Security Officer

Current Employee - Security Officer in Pennsdale, PA
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Pennsdale, PA

I have been working at AlliedBarton

Pros

AlliedBarton prides itself on its training. I have received handcuffing, pepper spray and CPR/AED training on AlliedBarton's dime. AlliedBarton also provides online training modules, which can be completed on the company's time and dime.

I have worked a couple AlliedBarton sites, and both managers there had "open door" policies. I believe AlliedBarton wants to promote communication between management and the lower officers. In addition, AlliedBarton has been very flexible with taking time off.

Every employee gets a complimentary $10,000 life insurance policy, at no charge.

Cons

The area I work at pays well below industry standard. Most officers, full time as well as part time, need another job to make ends meet. The benefits package is not worth taking (high premiums + low benefits).

There has been zero opportunity for otherwise qualified candidates to be promoted, although that may not be the case if people at my site were willing to move at least 150 miles away.

I believe AlliedBarton profits too much off of our hard work. For example, a private client may be billed for security services at a rate of $40.00 per hour with a minimum of four hours. The officer may get paid between $10.00 to $14.00 per hour, with absolutely no explanation of why the pay fluxuates, and will not find out the pay rate until after the event. The officer may receive $40.00 for standing guard (and being at risk of a crowd), while the remaining $120.00 goes to AlliedBarton. There's no way a company deserves to make three times as much off the work an individual employee does.

AlliedBarton's web resources are great. I would like to see a resume posting option in the vein of Monster.com, for potential recruiters looking to promote from within.

The company has too many acronyms and gimmick catch phrases for many of us officers to take it seriously:
    Dare to be G.R.E.A.T.! (Growth, Responsibility, Empowerment, Achievement, Trust)
    S.A.I.L. (Security Academy In Leadership) Program
    P.R.I.S.M. (Professionalism In Security Management)
    E.D.G.E. (Educate, Develop, Grow, and Engage) Training

Keep better track of payroll. AlliedBarton claims to be accurate and on time about paying officers, but I know from both personal and anecdotal experience it may take a long time to straighten out payment issues with sch a huge company.

There are newer employer reviews for AlliedBarton