Allina Health

www.allinahealth.org
  www.allinahealth.org
There are newer employer reviews for Allina Health

Good company to work for

Current Employee - Nursing Assistant in Minneapolis, MN
Current Employee - Nursing Assistant in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Allina Health part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great wages and benefits including health care and tuition reimbursement. The company focuses on personal employee wellness a lot which is good. Of all the healthcare companies in Minnesota they pay the best.

Cons

Some practices unsafe in certain locations according to my opinion, they talk about employee safety a lot but sometimes other staff compromises safety because they just want to get stuff done.

Listen to the employees that you don't necessarily think are important.

98 Other Employee Reviews for Allina Health (View Most Recent)

My experience was one of frustration due to the fact that I received no help moving forward in my career.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Allina Health

Pros

Benefits are very good. Health, vacation, and employee incentives.

Cons

It is a very large organization so it loses some of it's personal touches. In their orientation literature it states that they are in strong support of employee career advancement. I found this to be quite the opposite. When I contacted Human Resources I was passed from one rep to another.

Offer to support an employee that is looking to move forward in their career.

Trust, Respect, Compassion, but not for their employees

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at Allina Health

Pros

Salary and direct compensation are in the ballpark of being competitive for the market. We have a fancy waterfall in our lobby waiting area. Our CEO is well paid. United Hospital new President looks pretty and says lots of things that sound good (and that will be as far as it goes, too).

Cons

Benefits are HORRENDOUS. Hospital management is HORRENDOUS. Coordination between departments is horrible. Staff is rude to each other, due to massive under staffing. Communication from hospital leadership is completely untrustworthy and incomplete. The lack of communication and purposeful division of the workers by pitting them against each other within our department by my director is reprehensible. Department management is totally and embarrassingly incompetent, doesn't understand the jobs they are supposed to be managing, and won't even consider feedback from staff.

So many issues that it is nearly impossible to narrow down, but live the values that you claim you do and apply them to your own employees once in a while.

There are newer employer reviews for Allina Health