There are newer employer reviews for Allina Health

Great place to gain experience, but lacks growth opportunities

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Minneapolis, MN
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Allina Health full-time

Pros

Excellent work life balance. Reasonable commute, especially if you can take the bus. They offer a subsidized bus pass. Security is available for escort to parking areas. nice co-workers. Strong leadership. Benefits for the most part are better than what I see at other companies.

Cons

Pay is competitive with other healthcare non-profits, however you can expect to make about 10% less than profit sector. Annual employee increases do not meet annual cost of living increases & no opportunity for extra incentive. Opportunities for career development or advancement are limited, managers typically won't look at a high performer and adapt skills to a new area, they want experience in that exact role.

83 Other Employee Reviews for Allina Health (View Most Recent)

Allina is the best company I've worked for in my 25+ years of IT Systems Engineering and Management experience.

Current Employee - Corporate Office IT Staff Member  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Corporate Office IT Staff Member in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Allina Health full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

1. Allina's senior leaders and almost all of the employees care deeply about our patient care, our place as a member of the communities we serve and the employees at our healthcare facilities and in the corporate office.

2. Allina treats everyone fairly and with compassion.

3. The Allina corporate offices have a very open and engaging environment. Allina corporate office staff, from the most junior new-hire to the most senior Allina executive have full, true open-door access to each other. This provides a very engaging work environment, and yet never feels "big brother-ish".

Cons

Allina's salaries and annual increases are lower than the national averages for similar job classes and employee experience.

Allina's employee healthcare is weaker, more limited in coverage, has fewer in-network providers, and is significantly more expensive for employee out-of-pocket costs than at all previous companies for which I've worked. However, I don't know whether this a reflection of the current overall trend of employee healthcare nationwide (as of February, 2013), or a true weakness of Allina specifically.

Improve the employee healthcare plans, coverage and costs. Speaking as a mostly very happy employee, Allina's poor employee healthcare package feels to me as if the senior leaders and executives at Allina don't care about employee well being as much as they say they do. I would think that the employees should have one of the better healthcare benefit packages available, since Allina is a large, well respected healthcare provider within the industry,

Patient centered, authentic leadership, great place

Former Employee - Patient Care Manager  in  Coon Rapids, MN
    Former Employee - Patient Care Manager in Coon Rapids, MN

I worked at Allina Health full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Solid financial performance, humanity driven goals, large company

Cons

unionized environment, MNA union very unprofessional and embarrassing

There are newer employer reviews for Allina Health

Worked for Allina Health? Contribute to the Community!