Allscripts

A company in transition

Former Employee - Proessional Servies Consultant in Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Proessional Servies Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Allscripts

Pros

Many, esp. compensation and benefits

Cons

The cons are no different than other technology companies. As an healthcare information TECHNOLOGY company, t sometimes feels like people are missing the great and wonderful parts, and focusing on the negative. Success doesn't always come via the positive; sometimes the greatest successes come from learning from our mistakes. Technology companies inherently understand this. I hope this company learns to as well.

see above

454 Other Employee Reviews for Allscripts (View Most Recent)

I was told one thing by management one day and the total opposite would occur the following day.

Former Employee - Contractor - Learning Management Systems Administration in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Allscripts

Pros

Flexible work hours. As an LMS administrator I found that I was allowed to work from home twice a week. I was not micro-managed which is great!

Cons

Program Manager was afraid of her superior. He was demanding and one-way and often refused to compromise on anything. Suffice to say, he and I did not get along at all. He exemplified the bullying culture at Allscripts that is described in several other reviews. Senior Management made decisions based on the bottom line only. While bottom is important, you need to service your customers effectively.

My job was outsourced to India because it was cheaper for the company. Admittedly, I was not happy about my job being outsourced. It was promised to me that I would be brought on in a permanent capacity. So much for promises by management. Add insult to injury, I was told I had to train my replacement who had no experience in managing an LMS. My replacement's accent was thick and difficult to understand. The clients for our e-learning had become accustomed to my fast response time to addressing their issues or concerns. You get what you pay for. I warned my boss that they are going to lose business with regard to shipping their LMS support over to India. Neither my boss (Program Manager) or upper-management were interested in my opinion regarding the outsourcing. They contacted my contracting firm to have reach out to "change my attitude about this transition". Suffice to say, I made it known that I was not happy about this and I felt deceived. I would not recommend working at Allscripts for any reason. I would rather be on unemployment then to work at Allscripts again.

Planning solely on the bottom line is not an effective way of leading and managing a company. You will more employees and customers if you continue to pursue this avenue of thinking. This is a big part of the reason why employees are leaving Allscripts in droves. Almost all the instructional designers in Raleigh have left because their "bottom line" thinking. You cannot expect people to work long hours and pay them next to nothing.

Great Group of hard workers

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Allscripts

Pros

1. Product Knowlege - consistance training
    2. Team members work well together - are willing to aid each other to get the job done

Cons

2. Not clear on Company's Messaging
    3. Long hours