Allscripts
www.allscripts.com Chicago, IL 5000+ Employees

Political work environment

Help Desk Technician (Former Employee)
Mobile, AL

I worked at Allscripts full-time for less than a year

ProsGood benefits and pay. The job itself was fun, and interesting. Working with medical professionals and doctors by making sure their jobs ran as smooth as possible was very satisfying.

ConsThe political atmosphere is not fun to work in at all. If you're better, or show more drive than your managers, or higher-ups at all, they'll paint a target on your back.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure people that are in low-end management positions know what they're doing. I was always going behind my manager and fixing, or making excuses to our clients for their mistakes.

2 yrs. post merger & the ship is far from settling! Avoid if you are trying to advance in your career.

Senior Implementation Consultant (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Allscripts full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Comparable salaries to other vendors and if you are used to working 45+ hours a week doing the exact… Cons: Frequently shifting upper level management and objectives; nonexistent advancement opportunities internally....internal is treated the same as outside candidates; bonus structures change on a whim… Advice to Senior Management: Value the internal resources that are working hard for the company to advance and realize that the bottom layers work the hardest and make the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Positive

Client Support (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL

I have been working at Allscripts full-time for less than a year

Pros: The benefit package is standard. Cons: Salaries should be a little more competitive in the market Advice to Senior Management: better communication Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Allscripts.

Worked for Allscripts? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Allscripts reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Allscripts CEO Paul Black. All reviews posted anonymously by Allscripts employees.