There are newer employer reviews for Allscripts

Wasted Talents

Former Employee - Support Specialist  in  Remote, OR
Former Employee - Support Specialist in Remote, OR

I worked at Allscripts full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The benefits are very good and compensation is fair. Innovative applications, interesting field that is always growing and changing, challenging work so it never gets boring. Great co-workers. Interesting industry.

Cons

The training is getting better for new hires now but not when I started. Out of a week trip for training I got about 1 hour a day because staff had their own jobs to do. The metrics for the call center are more Quantity and Quality of client care. Low team moral due to moving jobs offshore regardless of how customers feel about speaking to people who they can not easily understand and is Repeatedly mentioned by clients.

Provide more Positive re-inforcement on a regular basis not just now and then and help when an employee is struggling instead of just setting down the law, try to be a motivator not a detracter. Provide better goal setting and follow up regularly to keep employee updated on their progress. Value your employees who work hard.

416 Other Employee Reviews for Allscripts (View Most Recent)

Not what I was promised

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Farmington, CT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Farmington, CT

I have been working at Allscripts full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Lots of PTO and good benefits but that pretty much it.

Cons

If you're not with the "IN" crowd, then don't expect to move up in your career. Due to recent acquisitions, raises we're put on hold for a few years (yes, years) for the little guys. Bonuses were still handed out to the higher ups though. I've worked here for 6 years and never received a bonus once. At least before the merger with Eclisys, Eclipsys was kind enough to give a 25 dollar gift card for a honey baked ham during Christmas.

A confused mixed group of companies, processes, vision, and depleted morale

Former Employee - Proposal Writer  in  Burlington, VT
    Former Employee - Proposal Writer in Burlington, VT

I worked at Allscripts full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The foundation of the company was great ...

Cons

too many acquisitions have confused its sense of identity and its care for employees. It is like working in the middle of the big bang theory.

Stop talking about being a top rated company by employers and listen. Listen to what the exit interviews are telling you. People who have been with the company many years have been leaving because they think the conditions are so poor. When you walk away from a career of 20 years it must mean something.

There are newer employer reviews for Allscripts

Worked for Allscripts? Contribute to the Community!