There are newer employer reviews for Allscripts

Worst working experience in my life

Current Employee - Education Services
Current Employee - Education Services

I have been working at Allscripts full-time

Pros

The salary is decent.
The PTO is decent.
401K is fully vested on day 1 of employment.
The coffee in the cafeteria is pretty good.
The cafeteria staff is very friendly.

Cons

Unprofessional management. They openly pick favorites, form cliques and generally act like petty, manipulative, back-stabbing teenagers.
Constant bullying by management. As many other reviewers have indicated, if you aren't "in" with the right people, expect a rough ride.
No respect for work/life balance
No clear vision for the department
No interest in employee concerns or problems. At best, they give us lip service.
Treat subordinates like we are gullible dupes.
Despite the fact that the company has been clearly flailing for a while, executives and management still want to continue the charade that everything is wonderful, the company is doing great, and we work at a first-class company.

1. Grow up. This isn't high school anymore. You're supposed to be professionals and leaders of this company. You aren't the cool kids anymore and the fact that you believe that you are is sad to say the least.
2. Listen to your people. We have valid concerns and ideas, and if you actually listened - as opposed to pretending to listen, or filtering out anything that doesn't sing the company's praises - you would realize that we are the key to keeping this company from crashing and burning.
3. Admit it when we are struggling or there is trouble. We all have access to the news. We know the company is in trouble. Stop acting as if everything is fine. Come clean and get us involved in turning things around.
4. Put quality first, instead of image. No one cares what Glen Tullman did on vacation. We care about representing a product we can be proud of. Right now, we can't. No amount of spin and flashy gimmicks can change this fact.
5. Value your employees. You hired us because we are good at what we do. We are professionals. We are experts in our field. Stop treating us like children and let us do what we do best.

426 Other Employee Reviews for Allscripts (View Most Recent)

Not a place to work for long.

I have been working at Allscripts

Pros

The Work pressure is manageable.

Cons

Management treats you like crap.

Hire mid-level managers based on their management skills, not just someone from a BPO. Work culture comes from people that work in the company, hence, give more thought over the people youhire from BPOs.

Just No work in the company

Former Employee - Testing in Pune (India)
    Former Employee - Testing in Pune (India)

I worked at Allscripts full-time

Pros

No work to be done so lots of spare time.

Cons

No work.
    Lot of politics.