There are newer employer reviews for Allscripts

Worst working experience in my life

Current Employee - Education Services
Current Employee - Education Services

I have been working at Allscripts full-time

Pros

The salary is decent.
The PTO is decent.
401K is fully vested on day 1 of employment.
The coffee in the cafeteria is pretty good.
The cafeteria staff is very friendly.

Cons

Unprofessional management. They openly pick favorites, form cliques and generally act like petty, manipulative, back-stabbing teenagers.
Constant bullying by management. As many other reviewers have indicated, if you aren't "in" with the right people, expect a rough ride.
No respect for work/life balance
No clear vision for the department
No interest in employee concerns or problems. At best, they give us lip service.
Treat subordinates like we are gullible dupes.
Despite the fact that the company has been clearly flailing for a while, executives and management still want to continue the charade that everything is wonderful, the company is doing great, and we work at a first-class company.

Advice to Management

1. Grow up. This isn't high school anymore. You're supposed to be professionals and leaders of this company. You aren't the cool kids anymore and the fact that you believe that you are is sad to say the least.
2. Listen to your people. We have valid concerns and ideas, and if you actually listened - as opposed to pretending to listen, or filtering out anything that doesn't sing the company's praises - you would realize that we are the key to keeping this company from crashing and burning.
3. Admit it when we are struggling or there is trouble. We all have access to the news. We know the company is in trouble. Stop acting as if everything is fine. Come clean and get us involved in turning things around.
4. Put quality first, instead of image. No one cares what Glen Tullman did on vacation. We care about representing a product we can be proud of. Right now, we can't. No amount of spin and flashy gimmicks can change this fact.
5. Value your employees. You hired us because we are good at what we do. We are professionals. We are experts in our field. Stop treating us like children and let us do what we do best.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Ruined

I worked at Allscripts

Pros

Awesome people to work with, I grew up at that company. It was a five star when I started

Cons

They got to big and muddled their vision. Employees are no longer a focus of upper management just the bottom line.

Advice to Management

Focus you energies on being a place people want to work again and being a company that offers support to your customers.

2. Product based company with very less work to do

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Vadodara (India)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Vadodara (India)

I have been working at Allscripts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good Salary, Flexible timing, MNC infrastructure

Cons

POOR management, Favouritism, poor performance review and increment process

Advice to Management

Get rid of favouritism ASAP